Question on 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried looking through the faq and that is a time consuming process. Anyway, the question is, is there a certain year(s) that have the rear seats facing each other? That's the specific style that i like, but it seems like a lot of the 40's i see for sale have normal rear seats facing the windshield. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Jump seats (facing each othe) we’re factory in FJ40’s. The front facing seats you see are aftermarket seats.

Jump seats (facing each othe) we’re standard in USA’s FJ40’s. The front facing seats you see are aftermarket seats or other markets oem seats added.

Most markets had the side seats … some got the higher end front seats later on … and earlier on

Fixed it for you :)

more about forward facing rear seats here:

There is the two main types of side seats … pre roll bar seats and post roll bar seats

Before roll bars there were longer seats (a few varieties) and when roll bars came then the seats fit in between the bar and were shorter (there were variations of them as well)

I use the side seats … used to have a forward bench for the kid seats to attach

Both styles have advantages and disadvantages

more about forward facing rear seats here:

There is the two main types of side seats … pre roll bar seats and post roll bar seats

Before roll bars there were longer seats (a few varieties) and when roll bars came then the seats fit in between the bar and were shorter (there were variations of them as well)

I use the side seats … used to have a forward bench for the kid seats to attach

Both styles have advantages and disadvantages
What year did they have the roll bars?

Thank's for all the infor everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom