Question on 1989 FJ62 efi relay wiring. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am diagnosing a fault in my EFI relay wiring. I have no 12v+ to the relay itself with key on. FSM shows the relay gets battery power via direct battery wire that has a fusible link. I think it is the white one from the battery, which on mine (vehicle is new to me) appears to direct wired to battery post (no link). But the power supply wire (red w/yellow) at the relay has .7 volts. I suspect there is another place this feeds from with a fusible link but have located It in the schematic.
And veterans have some places to check?

i searched but mostly found fj80 posts, but for the 3fe like mine so they may help some.

I am diagnosing a fault in my EFI relay wiring. I have no 12v+ to the relay itself with key on. FSM shows the relay gets battery power via direct battery wire that has a fusible link. I think it is the white one from the battery, which on mine (vehicle is new to me) appears to direct wired to battery post (no link). But the power supply wire (red w/yellow) at the relay has .7 volts. I suspect there is another place this feeds from with a fusible link but have located It in the schematic.
And veterans have some places to check?

i searched but mostly found fj80 posts, but for the 3fe like mine so they may help some.

Are you saying you do not have a fusible link on your 62? A photo would help.

1609802736610.png

Thank you Engineer8000! The diagrams were most helpful. While I had verified the EFI fuse by testing continuity (from back pins) that failed to detect an actual blown fuse SMH. That is twice in my life now that this happened. So I am the fool. But the great news is I am running good per factory spec again, though it does appear the PO wired the white feed directly to battery with no fusible link. So will address that next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom