Question for those with TJM Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finishing up the install and realized that the bumper comes with separate turn/parking signals on the bumper, but in the OEM setup, the only turn signals are on the headlights. Did others wire the new turn signals in the bumper into the wiring for the turn signals? or do something different?

I have a TJM T13 and I got the TJM plug in harness - it integrates the TJM lights in the bumper into the factory marker lights and turn signals.

I have a TJM T13 and I got the TJM plug in harness - it integrates the TJM lights in the bumper into the factory marker lights and turn signals.
Ok I guess I'm just confused. I have the factory plug for the oem fog lights and parking sensors...and was planning to wire the fogs up to that same plug. But not sure how the markers and turns get tied in.

Finishing up the install and realized that the bumper comes with separate turn/parking signals on the bumper, but in the OEM setup, the only turn signals are on the headlights. Did others wire the new turn signals in the bumper into the wiring for the turn signals? or do something different?
Its been a while but I'm pretty sure you just cut the TJM blinkers and parking lights into the appropriate OEM wires going to the OEM lights as you say. The fog lights require additional harness and different approaches based on model year. Here is my experience on that:

Ok I guess I'm just confused. I have the factory plug for the oem fog lights and parking sensors...and was planning to wire the fogs up to that same plug. But not sure how the markers and turns get tied in.
Fogs are different. See my reply.

Its been a while but I'm pretty sure you just cut the TJM blinkers and parking lights into the appropriate OEM wires going to the OEM lights as you say. The fog lights require additional harness and different approaches based on model year. Here is my experience on that:

Ok that makes sense. Thanks

From the TJM install instructions (mine may be old):

1648676397079.png

I used a TJM harness that was plug and play that had the right adapters on it to piggy back on to the factory harness. Mine is on a 2019 MY 200.

Here is the TJM part:

TJM SUPPLEMENTARY WIRING KIT SUIT TJM BUMPER | TJM USA | Overlanding Accessories - https://www.tjmusa.com/tjm-supplementary-wiring-kit-suit-tjm-bumper-076wlkit009.html

I did the same as @RobW0.

Wondering where you found the bumper? Slee has nothing, and nothing on order. Called a few other distributors on their website and nobody has them.

When I got mine, I did it by signing up for email alerts when it was restocked, and then, once I got the email, I bought it within minutes (seconds?) and called them to make sure my order was in time. My understanding is that they don't get them often or get many when they do, so you need to move fast.

I got mine last year from Slee. I think they have changed the distributor in the USA. Slee might have gotten tired of the last distributor and stopped stocking them. I have no proof of this.

I got mine through main line overland. They don’t show the TJM bumper on their website, but I told them I needed a no-cut replacement bumper and somehow they were able to find this one. Honesty I’ve bought a bunch of stuff from them for both my LC and my 4x4 sprinter and they have been awesome. They are usually my first stop.

I got mine through main line overland. They don’t show the TJM bumper on their website, but I told them I needed a no-cut replacement bumper and somehow they were able to find this one. Honesty I’ve bought a bunch of stuff from them for both my LC and my 4x4 sprinter and they have been awesome. They are usually my first stop.
Hmm... I didn't even think about them. They're not on the Distributors list. The Bow store is only about 45 mins from me, but that probably doesn't matter. I used them for my rear bumper install and wasn't happy. OK thanks.

Slee doesn't even list TJM on their site anymore, so I can't sign up for an alert. :(

I used a TJM harness that was plug and play that had the right adapters on it to piggy back on to the factory harness. Mine is on a 2019 MY 200.

Here is the TJM part:

TJM SUPPLEMENTARY WIRING KIT SUIT TJM BUMPER | TJM USA | Overlanding Accessories - https://www.tjmusa.com/tjm-supplementary-wiring-kit-suit-tjm-bumper-076wlkit009.html

I did the same as @RobW0.

Can you guys confirm which primary circuits are tapped into with this jumper harness? Turn signals, marker lights, and fog lights? Or just the turn signals and marker lights?

Hmm... I didn't even think about them. They're not on the Distributors list. The Bow store is only about 45 mins from me, but that probably doesn't matter. I used them for my rear bumper install and wasn't happy. OK thanks.

Slee doesn't even list TJM on their site anymore, so I can't sign up for an alert. :(
To be clear, I’ve just ordered from them. Never had them install anything.

Can you guys confirm which primary circuits are tapped into with this jumper harness? Turn signals, marker lights, and fog lights? Or just the turn signals and marker lights?
The jumper harness is for the turn signals and marker lights only. The fog lights plug straight into the factory connector because the factory fog lights are no longer there.

If any one needs a T-13 for a 2016 + I have a extra still on the pallet I got it from Slee and had the wiring and trim would like a local pickup you can PM me I’m on east coast just outside Philadelphia Pa .19020

8B2102C7-E9B3-4091-8F34-F53E9E7B89C3.jpeg

The fog lights plug straight into the factory connector because the factory fog lights are no longer there.
Model year matters. this is not true for all 200's. For my 2013, directly plugging them in blue the fuse.

One other data point: on my 2016, both the factory LED fogs and the ones TJM provide seem to work fine with plugging them directly into the factory fog harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom