Question For Those With 70 Series Pickup - Fuel Inlet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I added a Long Range America (LRA) auxiliary tank to my 1990 BJ75 this last week. The bed on my 75 is not the original bed, it was replaced by the PO with a more current model but I don't know what year/series (I imagine a 79 series). I'd like to use the fuel inlet on the bed for the aux tank, but need to find a part number of the fuel pipe that bolts on to the bed so I can hook up the rubber hoses from the LRA tank.

I've spent hours searching on partsouq and amayama, but can't seem to find diagrams of the pickup series showing this part number; it's always showing me non-pickup versions of 79 series trucks. If you know the part number (you would be a genius) or if you have a VIN of a pickup with the fuel inlet in the bed that you can send me I may be able to track it down easier.

Picture of my truck and the bed for reference. I'm looking for the fuel inlet assembly for the rear/in the pickup bed.

Build thread here - Builds - BJ75 Pickup

IMG_8108.JPG

That’s a 79 bed.

Genius, huh? The bar is low these days... :lol:

I either have the part at home and/or the PN.

I added a Long Range America (LRA) auxiliary tank to my 1990 BJ75 this last week. The bed on my 75 is not the original bed, it was replaced by the PO with a more current model but I don't know what year/series (I imagine a 79 series). I'd like to use the fuel inlet on the bed for the aux tank, but need to find a part number of the fuel pipe that bolts on to the bed so I can hook up the rubber hoses from the LRA tank.

I've spent hours searching on partsouq and amayama, but can't seem to find diagrams of the pickup series showing this part number; it's always showing me non-pickup versions of 79 series trucks. If you know the part number (you would be a genius) or if you have a VIN of a pickup with the fuel inlet in the bed that you can send me I may be able to track it down easier.

Picture of my truck and the bed for reference. I'm looking for the fuel inlet assembly for the rear/in the pickup bed.

Build thread here - Builds - BJ75 Pickup

View attachment 2117868
Just curious, how long is your rear bed? (Is it a short bed off of a dual cab Ute?)
Thanks

Last edited:
Just curious, how can you tell this is a 79 series bed? Looks just like my ‘94 FZJ75 to me. Of course mine does not have the aux tank. Second pic is a newish 79 with V8 diesel. That bed has no fender flares and aux tank.

They certainly haven’t changed much in 25 years.
FD95475C-8186-4F64-94C5-3F06C572603F.jpeg
F1A874A3-7030-449D-9549-7BFDFC3C56E8.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s a 79 bed.

Genius, huh? The bar is low these days... :lol:

I either have the part at home and/or the PN.
Genius (or at least a photographic memory) would be recalling the PN from memory :)

Would appreciate either the PN or let me know cost of part if you still have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom