Question For Those Who Flat Tow Behind Motorhome (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Regarding the 12v power from Rv to LC. Do you disconnect the LC battery and use the 12v power source from RV when towing or do you somehow connect the MH power to the LC battery? Looking for some clarification.

Also, do you have to keep the key in the ignition to auxiliary? Thanks. Getting my 05 LX ready to be towed from FL to Utah.

Regarding the 12v power from Rv to LC. Do you disconnect the LC battery and use the 12v power source from RV when towing or do you somehow connect the MH power to the LC battery? Looking for some clarification.

Also, do you have to keep the key in the ignition to auxiliary? Thanks. Getting my 05 LX ready to be towed from FL to Utah.
Does anyone have any insight into this? I really need to know as I’m getting to that point and I have no idea if I unhook the battery and just run from 12 V on the motorhome it doesn’t seem like I should run 12 V directly to a battery on the cruiser

I wasn't aware that a 100 series could be flat towed. Toyota says no.

My 2006

100Dinghy.png

Thats some good info there. Thanks

I’ve read this entire thread, and my question still stands. It is not specifically answered in that thread. Thanks.

I have a RVI battery charger installed in the engine bay. On the LX side the charger is wired to both lx battety and +12v and ground on the 6 pin connector at the front bumper. I dont disconnect the battery.

Regarding the key position, on my lx there is a spot between off and acc that unlocks steering and powers 12v plug for brake but not much else. I have to turn to acc then slowly back towards off until it clicks into the mid acc.

I have a RVI battery charger installed in the engine bay. On the LX side the charger is wired to both lx battety and +12v and ground on the 6 pin connector at the front bumper. I dont disconnect the battery.

Regarding the key position, on my lx there is a spot between off and acc that unlocks steering and powers 12v plug for brake but not much else. I have to turn to acc then slowly back towards off until it clicks into the mid acc.
Thank you thank you thank you. I just ordered a toad vehicle battery charger.

I ran a battery charging line when I put in my brake buddy/light wiring. Easy. Only have about 150 miles on my GX470. I wouldn’t go to the trouble to get it all setup without running the charging line. Any chance it?
single key in ignition one click to keep wheel unlocked. Use 2nd key to manually lock doors after its all setup.

first time I towed I had a scary braking issue And it locked up my brakes. Now before hooking up brake buddy I stomp on the pedal about 20x to make sure there isn’t anymore pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom