Question for the Mechanics re: wreck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apparently this cruiser has had a rear collision and I wanted to get an idea of whether there was any significant damage to the undercarriage- specifically frame damage. The bumper was apparently replaced but I'd greatly appreciate any input you might have on the health of this guy knowing that judging by a picture is far from an exact science. Thanks!

Last edited:
I would walk, looks like they spent $12 on black spray paint and tried to cover up all the rust, you can even see the rust where they missed.

for example, look at the body mounts, running board brackets, and rear axle (up high in the distance), you can see the rust showing through and where they missed it with paint.

1999toyotalandcruiserbl.jpg

BTW, where is it located?

Thanks for the info, I've noticed the paint on a lot of Cruisers I've been looking at. Is there a 'better' way to paint the undercarriage or is any paint considered not good? I was mostly worried about frame damage from the accident but rust obviously ain't good either :) Can you see any bends or clamp signs?

The truck is in Southeastern TN but has been in Lexington, KY (registered there) for it's whole life. Does it snow that much in Lexington?

Many car dealers will spray frames and inner fenders with black paint to make them look better, regardless of whether or not its been in an accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom