Question for the group (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So , I will be doing a rhd to lhd swap on my Ute. The donor parts for the swap come from my Canadian BJ-70, May she Rest In Peace, which has the blue/gray interior. So I have all the parts to convert the interior to the blue/grey interior. At first I have never been a fan of the tan/brown interior of these 70 series, but have gotten used to it. So, swap to the blue/grey interior or paint the parts to the tan/brown interior? Thanks

FB49D438-BC3B-46EC-A3B6-2D3116F2F602.jpeg

The blue/gray is a more appealing/modern color in my opinion

I love the oak color we did in #1....it's way different without all the dark brown(Sable I think?). Most all of your stuff can be painted with SEM dye....just find the colors you like. Keep it as matte as you can...I think that helps it look modern and new-ish. Will need a new dash pad($pendy)....but other than that the parts are cheap and new is nice. Probably can get all the tan stuff you want from mine take-off trucks. Door panels, floor mat, etc.
P8272225.jpg

I love the oak color we did in #1....it's way different without all the dark brown(Sable I think?). Most all of your stuff can be painted with SEM dye....just find the colors you like. Keep it as matte as you can...I think that helps it look modern and new-ish. Will need a new dash pad($pendy)....but other than that the parts are cheap and new is nice. Probably can get all the tan stuff you want from mine take-off trucks. Door panels, floor mat, etc.
View attachment 2248058
Darn you ;)

I say get your seats reupholsted in the blue gray interior. Other than the floor mat the rest of the stuff can still be brought new I'm pretty sure

I like those canvas seat covers, not cheap for good ones but they last for years

Since I’m actually going from grey to brown in my LHD BJ74 I would be keen to get the gauge
surround if it’s brown and you don’t want it. Only if it actually crosses over of course, and
you truly don’t want it.
I prefer the brown myself. I have brown door cards, too. But it has to do with paint choice as well.
if you’ve got that whole metal dash structure out it could be painted to match.

Since I’m actually going from grey to brown in my LHD BJ74 I would be keen to get the gauge
surround if it’s brown and you don’t want it. Only if it actually crosses over of course, and
you truly don’t want it.
I prefer the brown myself. I have brown door cards, too. But it has to do with paint choice as well.
if you’ve got that whole metal dash structure out it could be painted to match.
Once done I will do a inventory of all the parts that I have left and put up for sale anything I won’t be needing any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom