Question for the clan on arm rests (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have found myself in an odd situation. The arm rests in my 100 are (for lack of better terms) sticky kind of like someone spilled a soft drink on them and it apprears to have what looks and feels like sand coming out of them. They are not broken/crumbling/falling apart but are clearly not in good shape. I have asked one guy that "has a shop" that all the say they work on is Cruisers. He told me they are "breaking down" and need to be "re-dyed". I have questions on that as the color has not changed a bit and I asked how does a re-dye address the sticky situation and all I got was a blank stare. Has anyone in the 100 crowd dealt with this before? If so, I would love to hear from you as to what the problem was and how you dealt with it. Thanks in advance folks.

Following to see who chimes in, because I have a similar issue...

Photos

The white looking stuff is almost sand like in feel yet it and all around it is sticky just like a soft drink has been spilled on it....I have a friend that restores and builds boats that told me to try something that goes by SEM Coatings. Vinyl Coat™ | SEM Products - https://www.semproducts.com/product/vinyl-coattm. Keeping fingers crossed

Arm rest.jpg

Last edited:
That outward surface is disintegrating from W&T. Re-dyeing probably may make it last longer, but it's the formed foam that is slowly chafing away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom