Question for 'Cruiser history buffs! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
The 3B engine that will likely be going into the FJ45LV has A/C on it and being in Central America and all it got me to thinking did the FJ45LV ever have factory A/C (this one doesn't even have a fan)? Would '40 series A/C work since the firewall is very similar? Is this just a wet dream since this FJ45LV doesn't even have a fan or heater from the factory. I'd like to keep the stock look but with the diesel power and disc brake safety issues

AC was not AKAIK an option on the 45LV, however i have seen pics(japanese) of early 1960's fj40's with vintage Nippon Denso AC set up added, it was clearly not built for a 40/5 but it was a Nippon unit.....and it was a big unit at that.

Could you use a 79+ OEM fj40 set up, it won't be bolt on but I am sure you could make it work with mostly OEM bits and some fabin

I have been very suprised at how cool my 45LV stays inside even when 90+ outside, its MUCH cooler than my fj60.

I would go with the OEM FJ40 setup, as there were no OEM options for A/C for the FJ45lv... shouldnt be too hard to find a FJ4* OEM A/C underdash unit, as I am told the RH and LH drive versions carry the same part number so Australia would be a prime spot for locating an under dash unit. It will look a little out of place in terms of the amount of black plastic, but the other option would be an early FJ55 A/C unit from a 7/70-9/72 FJ55, which has a slightly older school look and without the offset spacer(it can be removed easily) for the louvers is nearly identical to the FJ40 unit in front to back and side to side measurements.

I believe the anniversary book clearly shows a FJ25 with underdash A/C, try to find a setup that looks similar.

Floor shifter not on the column. Shifting data and tire pressure info in the middle of the dash and not on the glove box door. I vote FJ25, but I might be bias.

John

Cruiser_Nerd said:

That is retro cool!! Are they even available used?

I realized I was wrong right after I posted.......but had clients waiting for me...;)

Living in the Past said:
Floor shifter not on the column. Shifting data and tire pressure info in the middle of the dash and not on the glove box door. I vote FJ25, but I might be bias.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom