Question for BJ74/13B-T owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you have your 13B-T tuned right you can change up at 2500 and it will still pull like mad and shove you back in the seat especially with boost at 20psi and a modified fuel pump. Hultsy knows so do I :) DYNO of RED coming soon to prove it. (sometime between 24th-30th of this month). I wanna beat HULTSY's 13B-T figures :) hahaha

Hey cicak I am trying to get info on 13BT's and how much potential they have etc, I created a thread if you dont mind sharing what you have.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...ential-there-share-your-info.html#post6537884

in the past i have run the similar exhaust with no issues ... i suspect there is more to this story.

Doing everything to the 2h that you shouldn't be , I'd say that day the egt's would have been far to high.
Pro's,3" exhaust has no muffler so no restrictions
Cons,
Towing a huge fibre glass boat ,troopy full of mates most rear side seats taken,eskys full of grog,35s,pedal to the metal,2 full tanks of diesel, boat fuel tank full, dog hot day, turbo on stock 2h, no aftermarket gauges, doing this for ages on the freeway
But the exhaust heat Still ruined the rubber strength
:D

what size tyres and ratios does it have now? Adjusting up the boost and tuning the fuel makes a huge difference to the amount of available engine torque.

31" tires, ratio stock 4.11.

Dave

Hey cicak I am trying to get info on 13BT's and how much potential they have etc, I created a thread if you dont mind sharing what you have.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...ential-there-share-your-info.html#post6537884

I have no idea I will find out when I finish dyno'ing my monster and will happily post as I have nothing but praise for the 13B-T. Remeber this engine also has a 14B-T rotaryt fuel pump not the mechanical pump and also 14B-T timing gear and cam.

The other nite bringing RED HOME - YEs its finally in my driveway after 14 months. I going up a short hill (< 150 meters long) in 2nd pulled out past a slow car and kept changing up on 31's it was in 5th and still pulling away and my ISUZU driving behind me had no CHANCE hahaha - GRUNT was unbelieveable.

My goal would be to have forged pistons and 14B-T HEAD and Crank and pistons :) - oops all inside a 13B-T engine number

I also need to find a way of putting a pyro on before and after intercooler so I can see temp drop range - any ideas anyone.

I will update the link tonite.

DEATHSTAR in the workshop head gasket went due to sitting for 3 months with water and not coolant in the cooling system :( and injectors all STUFFED :(

that truck should pull like a bugger with that setup.
fly me down and let me take a look.

YUp should take of in 2nd with small hiccup and possibly 3rd with a small amount of clutch slippage. I know ive done it in RED and 2nd HI takeoff is a quite a regular event.

On wet road this think should be a bucket load of fun.

I am thinking the auto tranny (yeah, this 1986 BJ74 is a slushbox) is killing my joy here. Maybe need an aftermarket torque converter, or 4.88s....

you are hooked on 4.88s, you don't need them.
talk to Mike at westcoast cruisers about a valve body kit and torque convertor.

book my ticket and lets talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom