Question for anyone with an FJ40 with factory -installed AC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For anyone who has an FJ40 with a factory installed AC system (doesn't matter which model year)...
i am wondering if/what things Toyota did to litigate engine/transmission/exhaust heat within the cabin. is there additional insulation on the firewall, under the floor, etc? What about additional heat shields to deflect heat?

i have been reading all of the threads in the forum for after-market heat treatments and AC installs, and i am wondering if this was identified as a problem originally when the trucks were new, and whether they made accommodations for the trucks that had AC installed in the factory.

Good question, they are rolling ovens. I have aftermarket headers on my 2F and would love to stop any transmission of heat off that cast iron block or headers🙄

Good question, they are rolling ovens. I have aftermarket headers on my 2F and would love to stop any transmission of heat off that cast iron block or headers🙄
I've got manifolds, and it is nearly unbearable, even in the spring and fall. I used a laser thermometer to check spots on the floor and hump in the driver and passenger sections and the temperature ranges from 120 to 145 degrees. I know insulation helps, but i wonder if Toyota did anything about it.

They added no additional heat proofing to the factory A/C models. I have a 40 with factory air con and it is identical to my 40 without it.

If I ever remove the seats again I will be adding some heat proofing to the front wall as on a hot day when you think the A/C isn't doing much you turn it off and you realise real quick how much it is actually doing

They added no additional heat proofing to the factory A/C models. I have a 40 with factory air con and it is identical to my 40 without it.

If I ever remove the seats again I will be adding some heat proofing to the front wall as on a hot day when you think the A/C isn't doing much you turn it off and you realise real quick how much it is actually doing
Great feedback. That's exactly the kind of information i need.
Its amazing how hot it gets.
Now i have to determine if it makes sense to adhere insulating material under the cab or not. I might lay it down inside the cab (not adhered), below the floor mat, but honestly i would rather have it outside the cab. And i see so many people on MUD warning against adhering it anywhere, (like inside the engine compartment on the firewall) due to a fear of trapped moisture. But all i see are warning of moisture, but no real anecdotes of it actually doing damage.

as stated above nothing different in my a/c rig.
if the windows are up and the door seals are good,just running like that it stays cooler inside.
try running with the windows up for a bit then unroll them and it will be hotter inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom