Question for 80 series owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have you guys found a scanner/tool capable to reset the SRS light? Is it even possible to use a scanner or just the wire method, which sucks big time as I've been spitting bullets for about an hour right now trying to reset my light, although I've done it twice in the past.

Thank you boys and girls!

Does the scan gage do it?

Dont know. Just order a new scanner tool which it claims to be able to reset SRS light plus all kind of faults. We'll see...

I've got techstream of you want to give that a try

I've got techstream of you want to give that a try
Thanks, I'll let you know. let me first see how the new toy performs. Have no idea if it is going to work. My problem is that I may need a different adaptor as the SRS port is on the fire wall inside the engine bay. Not the same as the OBD port in the cabin.

The airbag light is only via the wire method. It doesn't run through the DLC under the dash.
Thank for the info Sir! It will save me some effort trying the new scanner. I wonder what does TOYOTA dealer uses to reset the light? It can't be the wire method/

Yep, it's basically the jumper method. The ABS and SRS weren't integrated with the Engine computer back then. If I remember right the old mastertech scanner we have will sometimes pull codes and data from the under hood plug but it's real hit and miss. We just use the wire jumper method since it's sure fire.

Yep, it's basically the jumper method. The ABS and SRS weren't integrated with the Engine computer back then. If I remember right the old mastertech scanner we have will sometimes pull codes and data from the under hood plug but it's real hit and miss. We just use the wire jumper method since it's sure fire.
Sure fire huh, I thought I was going to open a vein yesterday to put myself out of my misery. As I 've said, done in the past twice. No luck yesterday so I stepped away and about half hour ago went back to try again. Guess what, freaking light is not on anymore. Don't know why but Ill take it. Now I have a brand new fancy scanner on Amazon delivery . I guess the light got the message. I was thinking seriously just to pull the bulb out ad the dash lol.

You probably have a bad connection somewhere probably the tilt steering wheel. My daughters Matrix SRS light comes on if you put the steering wheel all the up to the stop. Told her not to do it anymore! Problem solved.

You probably have a bad connection somewhere probably the tilt steering wheel. My daughters Matrix SRS light comes on if you put the steering wheel all the up to the stop. Told her not to do it anymore! Problem solved.
May be, supposedly the SRS connectors are under the front seats . Still can't get over the fact that the wire reset is the only option. That must look really high tech on a Toyota dealership technician:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom