question for 3fe guys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gas mileage

I get like 10-11. But i'm also running 35's and stock gears. I was averaging about 13-14 before the wheels/tires. most of my driving is city and there are some small but long hills i deal with a lot.

I got about 10-11 also on 35s with stock gears. I have since downsized to a set of 245/75R16s and I am getting around 13 I think. The speedo went from about 10% under to about 10% over, and I haven't had but one and a half tanks thru it.

I am going to go to 5.29s and 35s soon. I also need to do a good tune-up and I think I could squeak another mile or two out of it.

Tucker

Stock '92 with 31's.

It's fairly new to me so I don't have too much data, but I just took a 700 mile trip with 4 guys, bikes, and bike gear (so, at least 1000 lbs of people and gear):

Easily cruised 75 on flat freeway, could hold up gentle inclines. Going over the cascade mountain passes i could only hold about 40 mph.
15.5 mpg total fuel mileage. This was 99.9% hwy/fwy though. I usually get 12 mpg in mixed driving.

stock 92 model on 31 inch tires as well, and average about 12-14 @65-70mph highway. I tried 55mph experiment on highway for a tank full and got 15-16mph. on 34inch tires- calculated milage difference- did 9 miles per gallon. going to re- gear to 4:88 later this year and go larger size tires.

31 INCH TIRES. All of the cruisers cruise 65-70 easily. As bad as 11-17 if everything is checked,cruisers waxed,tire pressure 50lb. Very speed as little as possible, passing gradually. MIke

10-11??? I really don't want to know, after all this is not a Yaris!:lol::lol::lol:

12mpg highway/city all day every day on 31s

went from 245s to 275s, added roof rack, lift, and front bumper no change what so ever.

I can cruise at 75, the petal-to-the-floor "cruise control" starts about 80-85

Just got mine this weekend and got about 11.5mpg coming through the mountains in Chattanooga back to Alabama. Held 75-80 on the flats easy, some of the big hills kicked me down to 65. 92 on 31's Out of align and tires out of balance..

I consitently got around 12 with 37's and stock gearing.... that was almost all highway driving though.

I did regear to 4.88's but haven't logged enough time to figure it out.

Stock '92 with 31's.

Easily cruised 75 on flat freeway, could hold up inclines...
15.5 mpg total fuel mileage. This was 99.9% hwy/fwy though. I usually get 12 mpg in mixed driving.

Ditto, recently completed a trip from DC to Roanoke with 4 pax, camping gear for a week etc and pulled that same mileage over a 350 mile trip.

I did however, pull 17mpg on a family trip to WV for Thanksgiving last year. Was just me the wife and boy and only small carry on sized bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom