Question:Airbag Equipped+ARB+Deer=? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my research on ARB compatibility with Airbag equipped 80's has anyone with an airbag and ARB Bull Bar equipped 80/LX450 ever took out a deer at freeway speeds? My main reason for getting an ARB would be front end protection from deer along the highway at night...

Thanks,

Russell

I recall Junk exploded a deer or two with his ARB...a couple other guys too. I've had a few tease me, but never actually cross in front, thankfully. IIRC, the airbag deployment occured with the strikes.

I've turned to deer into water balloons at 70+ mph. No damage to the truck or bar unless you count fuzzies and blood. 2 others on back roads.

Deer 0 80 4

Haven't tried it with any pit bulls but doubt they'd be more than a thud under the swamper.

Just remember the deer on the East Coast are like Irish Setters on stilts, where the deer out where you live are quite a bit bigger. I know of one guy locally who's a salesman that puts 60,000 miles a year on his F350 in Idaho/Montana/Washington/Wyoming and he has a front bumper that's made of what looks like quarter inch plate and the upper bars are about 3" thick walled tubing with two additional uprights that are bowed forward. It's a brand name I can't think of. Anyhow, he's hit "countless" deer and 2 elk. Even the elk did not leave a mark, though he showed me a mar in the powdercoat he thinks was its hoof. Thing makes his truck look like a train from the front and I'll bet it weighs 450lbs from the looks of it.

An ARB should hold up quite well out here - I've thought of the same thing for the same reason.

DougM

Junk said:
.... Haven't tried it with any pit bulls but doubt they'd be more than a thud under the swamper.

How close are you from Eric's pad? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom