Question after getting full maintenance history (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was finally able to get the full maintenance history from the previous owner. Vehicle has 90k. Maintenance schedule looks normal. At 87k:

Brake fluid replaced
Power steering replaced
Alternator belt replaced
Battery replaced
TSB for the 8-speed was applied

Front and back pads were replaced at 51k. Front rotors have been machined twice. Pads still have life.

My question is about the suspension. I noticed I have more body roll and brake dive after driving my friend's 2020 LC with only 35k miles. Should I look at replacing the shocks? OEM will probably be fine, since I mostly do local driving on pavement. Should I consider the coils too?

Last edited:
I was finally able to get the full maintenance history from the previous owner. Vehicle has 90k. Maintenance schedule looks normal. At 87k:

Brake fluid replaced
Power steering replaced
Alternator belt replaced
Battery replaced
TSB for the 8-speed was applied

Front and back pads were replaced at 51k. Front rotors have been machined twice. Pads still have life.

My question is about the suspension. I noticed I have more body roll and brake dive after driving my friend's 2020 LC with only 35k miles. Should I look at replacing the shocks? OEM will probably be fine, since I mostly do local driving on pavement. Should I consider the coils too?
Same wheels and tires on the 2 cruisers? Same year of LC? Is one an HE and the other a base? Is one black and the other silver? Could be a variety of things. In my experience, stock OEM shocks and springs last a very long time.

OEM shocks are inexpensive and easy to replace. Do that first. I suspect that will restore the ride.

OEM shocks are inexpensive and easy to replace. Do that first. I suspect that will restore the ride.
Thinking that too. I saw a bunch of recommendations for the Bilstein 4600 to stiffen the ride. I'm considering that as well. I do like pretty tight body control on a vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom