Question about the door switches that control interior lights. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where is the switch that turns on the interior lights when you open the rear lid ?
Mine need adjustment as the interior light comes on, as does the door agar indicator in the instrument panel when I'm moving and will go off and on... I cannot find the switch ! Is it in the lock/latch ?

I know what the door ones look like and where they are, but there is nothing like them on the rear hatch..

98 TLC

Last edited:
I know I sound like a Noob, but for the life of me, I can't find how the rear lid turns on the interior light when you open the hatch !

Has anybody got the electrical repair manual to check the method used ?

Thanking you in advance !

I am pretty sure it is built into the latch.

My test was to open the bottom gate and then close the top lid, and light still stays on. I don't see any visible pin switches.

It is in the latch.

With the rear hatch open you can close the latch with a stick (or a pen or something) and the lights will turn off. Be sure to open the latch with the interior handle before you close the door.

This is a good trick if you want to leave your rear hatch open and not drain your battery.

Thanks.. That's what I came up with.. The hatch has to be closed hard to get the latch to close firmly enough so the light doesn't go off and on going down the road.. I will check on adjusting the catch..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom