Question about the Center Diff Lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

asutherland

VA7 HDT
Threads
Website
www.forgottenbc.ca
Hey folks,

I was told my new rig should have a center diff lock, but am a little unsure from the pictures I recently got from them. (truck's not here for another few weeks)

If you take a look at the SAMPLE pic here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/OutbackEquipped/93 FZJ80 Moya/Dash2.jpg you will see the "Center Diff Lock" button just above the climate control.

However, on mine:
RIMG0052.JPG

there doesn't appear to be the button. I did notice a "turn" type switch just hidden behind the steering wheel and am hoping that's it, that it's just different location than on the sample pic I found.

Sorry for the noob question :)

Last edited:
the "turn" switch is your lockers... sweet.:grinpimp:

you can see that on the LHD pic that you posted first, the CDL switch, it's closest to the steering column. maybe yours is hiding. there are other "spots" on the dash to fit those size switches.

dunno.

HTH's
cheers
crusty

Last edited:
also, you will want to replace your stereo if you want to listen to North American radio - the frequency range is different (some overlap) and the interval between stations in differernt - I lived with mine for a long time but was only able to tune in a few stations

Hey man, thanks for the help. I was talking to Jay earlier today, was surprised to find he's on the forum! I'm a long time customer of his and Norberts...

Is there any chance I don't have diff locks if I do have that "turn" switch? I'm paranoid and don't want to worry for 4 weeks:grinpimp: I originally thought they ALL had diff locks. Here's another shot of my dash...

RIMG0057.JPG

the switch is in the middle on your dash andrew looking at your pick it looks like the writing on the center button to the left of the defrost.

the switch is in the middle on your dash andrew looking at your pick it looks like the writing on the center button to the left of the defrost.

I think that's ECT... maybe mine doesn't have the CDL button and only has the diff lock switch...

Since I have the truck now, I can verify for you guys: It has CDL as well as front and rear. The CDL comes on automatically when you put the truck in 4-low. Since mine was a build month 09, it has the features/specs of a 1993, which confirms this statement from Slee - 80 Series Land Cruiser Newbie Guide

3.7 Center Differential Lock Switch

The center diff lock switch was standard on 1991/1992 80 Series Land Cruisers. With the introduction of the 1993 year model with full floater axles (with disk brakes), the switch was omitted, however the wiring harness is present. Adding this switch will enable you to lock the center diff in high range. Removing an electrical plug on the transfer case will also give one control in low range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom