Question about de-smog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, I have taken off most of the emission crap, and am wondering id this kit provides everything to plug the previous vacuum ports.

This

Not sure on that year. On mine nothing else is sharing the smog pump belt so I just took off the pump and didn't need anything else.

Here's some useful info.

If you don’t have P/S, get the belt for alternator, water pump, to crankshaft. You just use the other groove on the water pump pulley.

If you don’t have P/S, get the belt for alternator, water pump, to crankshaft. You just use the other groove on the water pump pulley.
If I sell my emissions stuff I will have enough to buy a p/s kit. So I think that's what I'll do.

You will need the pulley for the smog pump delete. The one from TLC Performance is the best value.

The stuff from MAF includes provisions for PCV routing, but you can easily modify/block the existing parts to work just fine and save $100. Check out the desmog threads in the 60-section since you have a FJ60 2F

Missing from all kits is something to block the EGR port on the rear of the Exhaust. This one is the best (from TLC). Needs a gasket. Or you can fab a plate or weld the port closed.

1640644923561.png

His engine serial number (his other thread) indicates a December 1979 2F.

FWIW, I successfully desmogged my 12/79-build 2F using the the desmog guides and threads in the 60 forum as primary resources. Almost everything was directly applicable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom