Question about before and after lift height... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If the height limit is actually the bottom of the garage door, you can sometimes adjust the electric garage motor so that it pulls the garage door a bit higher.

If it is the door, you can buy a kit that will route the door up closer to the ceiling and it is easy to install.

If it is the door, you can buy a kit that will route the door up closer to the ceiling and it is easy to install.

No longer an issue, if it fits so be it. If it don't oh well.

And, its the garage door framing no the door itself.

Time to get the sawzall out and make the opening bigger! Come on, you know you want to do it!

Please post pics in this thread once you get it all done! Should be good to go by tomorrow night right? :)

I think on my 2006 it raises back up as soon as you put it in gear and start rolling..if I am not mistaken. That could be an issues on his case.

Jack it up. Just air down every time you pull in. :banana:

Close but in

Now that its done i would love to have final numbers on hieght.I have 82 and a half inches to work with.Could you list all parts you bought? thanxs, as always more pics please!

LOL, sorry that is the before pic....won't have the parts till next week. I will post some pics of the install and give before and after measurements along with all the parts I used.

Thanxs

Hey Shotts when my truck grows up it wants to be just like yours.No thanks on 37's but 315 would be cool:cool: Sorry CK thought that was an after pic.Looks kinda close already.

Not yet....

I added some other things to the order, this is going to be a big build up similar to Bull's thread....(i.e. front and rear bumpers, steps/sliders, lift and tires).

More to come when parts arrive, hopefully this week!

Things are starting to trickle in...and I will be starting a thread soon!

But here is a preview of what is happening:

Tires - 285 or 315 Cooper STT (undecided on size until lift is installed)
Lift - OME L shocks, 863 springs (same setup as shot, bull, sincity, etc...) -Any day now
Slee diff drop - b/o end of March?
ARB Winch Bull Bar - Any day now
ARB Rear Bumper w/ tire carrier - b/o 10wks?
ARB side rail / step - b/o 10wks?

I know I'll catch hell from some for my rear bumper and slider/step choice, but that is okay! For what I do it will be perfect....Also my local dealer is heavy into ARB and I like to buy local whenever possible!

Last edited:
For those of us still wishing for a list like that you won't catch any hell. In fact, I say good choices - looking forward to your Thread - hopefully these mudders will stay civilized and just let you post your fun with pics so all of us stockers can drull on your rig photos like we do MAC's, Shotts, Bulls, Spress. Greg B's etc. I look forward to reading about your experiences

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom