question about an fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking at local dealership and accidentally found an fj60 they had in the back of the lot. I called about it and they said that the timing chain slipped off and blew a hole in the block?? i dont really know what the guy was talkin about.. or even if he knew what he was talking about...Is this repairable or is it a lost cause? Would you have to replace the engine or what?

If there was a hole in the block you would need to at least get a new block. It would be easiest to just swap in another 2F though.

If it's the orig motor, the guy is filled to the brim with kaka. The 2f doesn't have a timing chain at all - it has a gear-on-gear system that doesn't use that or a belt...

If they want $1k for it and you're willing to do all of the work, as well as all of the work that it will require afterwords, go for it. We have had an influx of newbs on the board recently shocked and amazed that work has to be done on these things...someone even sold theirs for $500 last week in the for sale section. They are not for the casual user, that's for sure.

A connecting rod is likely responsible for the hole in the block - the block is toast. Is the body rusty? If not, it might be a great project. If its rusty, do a bunch of reading here on MUD before commiting to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom