Question about ALT-S fuse location in a 2018. Is there supposed to be a fuse there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking into installing the HKB Booster into my 2018. I emailed HKB as they only have models listed through 2016 as compatible. They said as long as I have an ALT-S fuse location, it should work. I do have it, but there's no fuse in there. Is it normal for this to not have a fuse in it? They said I should have that 7.5A fuse in there, but it's empty. Can anyone with a 2018 check if they have one in there stock?

CZCKFmS.jpg

Ve8baQj.png

I have a 2020 LC200; while my lid calls out the same fuses as yours, my vehicle did not have a fuse in either the ALT-IG (Ignition feed) or ALT-S (Battery feed) locations. This should not prevent you using an add-a-fuse in these locations or any IGN sourced equipment. Do Not add a fuse in the lower cavity, only the add-on slot. Be careful on the orientation of the add-a-fuse.

Notice on my installation I rotate the installation 180 deg on alternative columns. You will notice that teh open slots have only one copper contact, this is the POS side and must feed opposition to pigtail wire for the current to pass through the fuse, otherwise the new circuit is either unpowered or feed through two fuses; the lower original circuit fuse + the upper new circuit fuse.

As to the Add-a-fuse Rotation this was painful when using circuits next to other big fuse or relay blocks; refer to the Hi-Beam, Lo-Beam Trigger taps. I had to direct the casing, trim back the plastic and super glue the pigtail at a different angle.

tempImage08eIxT.png

The HKB booster and other diode solutions don't work to boost charging on the 16+ land cruisers.

The ALT-S circuit is to feedback loop of Battery Voltage to the Alternator Regulators Voltage Sensing function; this is to control alternator output. Not used on later models; I don't know what feedback system is used now.

Therein lies the issue, you don't have an Alt S fuse but just an empty slot.

Meant to say they said it would work if I had that fuse location (not actual fuse). But, sounds like they're not correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom