question about 3B diesel / fjfjfj (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello you guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My 3B smokes ( white ) when cold starting. MORE then it should. Then clears right up and runs fine EXCEPT at idle the motor shakes a little more than it should. So, I popped out the injectors and had them tested. All GOOD. Checked glow plugs. All GOOD. Do I maybe need to check the fuel injection pump?? Would that cause extra rough cold starting?? ALSO,,,,,,,,,,,,,POWER from the 3B not as good as it should be?? COMPRESSION numbers are 480 psi all 4 cylinders. Any help would be appreciated. Dave

Your pump timing could be retarded a bit. Your idle is probably a bit low . They shake at idle when it is low. Get your pump timed and set the valves. They don't make a lot of power , A turbo would help .

It's a 3B; Welcome to the slow lane. :)

Unless my 3B is warmed or been run already I always have to pull the manual throttle cable out a couple notches on cold start till the cylinders warm up a bit. Even in the summer. I've a 1981 so have the manual glow button on the dash and can feather the glow a few times to help smooth things out if its quite cool on the 1st start of the day if needed.

hth's
gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom