Question about 100 Series Exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$ flows where $ is. If the truck is anywhere west of Sacramento....

Though that surface rust looks suspicious. What does the Toyota web maintenance history show?
I'm with you on the rust. My 80 is 15 years older and doesnt have a spec of rust on it. Web history isn't showing. Recent work in last year include CV replace, timing belt, water pump, 2 air pumps, brakes,etc. Records show regular maintenance but for 28k I think the under carriage should be perfect? My neighbor had an old 98 100 w diff locks, sitting in her back yard for two years. asking nothing but I really want a 5 spd transmission.

It's expensive. 28k. But sub 150 miles. New timing belt, CV joints, water pump and regular service. I'm wondering about that grease in the first pic below. Could be a main seal? Also, there's a fair amount of surface rust on this, at least for a California car. I have a mint locked 80 series that has not a spot of rust and its 15 years older.
I LOVE my 80 but I think the 100 is more applicable for my needs . I need something with a little more comfort for the family and that can get me out of snow storms. Don't get me wrong, my 80 has taken us out of blizzards and paid for itself but I spend more time on the highway than dirt roads unfortunately. please let me know you you think.--Dan

View attachment 3029591
View attachment 3029593

View attachment 3029594
View attachment 3029595
View attachment 3029596
That's grease from the shaft joint, they must of over greased it, a nonissue. I bought my truck with 60k miles and it looked new underneath, this looks pretty normal from a truck sitting outside or doing beach drives. Nothing out of the ordinary. Price seems right on market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom