question 79 newer bib and bezel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes. might be some minor wiring to work out, maybe the bolts for the fenders might not line up, but the bib will fit, seen it done a few times, if I find a 79+ I will prolly swap it to my 66 fj45

Odd though, I had always read the the headlight on the 79+ were spaced farther apart then 78 and younger, but when I looked they were the same on both.

yes. might be some minor wiring to work out, maybe the bolts for the fenders might not line up, but the bib will fit, seen it done a few times, if I find a 79+ I will prolly swap it to my 66 fj45

Odd though, I had always read the the headlight on the 79+ were spaced farther apart then 78 and younger, but when I looked they were the same on both.

you have to swap bib and bezel...bezel won't fit on early bib.

I bought an "early" rust-free (around 75 I think) bib for my 78. They looked the same, but when I installed the early bib, and went to install the 78 radiator screen, the holes did not match up. Also there was no inside hood latch mount on the earlier bib. I know this doesnt address your exact question, but there are some subtle differences between years.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom