quesstimate to paint fj40 1980 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i'd appreciate hearing what others have paid to have a fj40 painted. i have a 1980 and the body is prepped. i'm trying to get a ballpark. highs and low pricing.

Expect to pay 5-7 thousand dollars for a top-notch job. When it comes to automotive paintwork you get what you pay for and often less.

When I was doin resto constantly, I paid the painter around 1500 and I supplied the shop and all the material. No body work...I handled that before hand.

What area of the country? I would suspect that with prep work done a nice paint job can be had for about 3-3500, and you DEFINITELY get what you pay for.

I had my body shop do a complete rear end CCOT job and exterior paint. They did a great job for $4500 in 1997. I am at present still working on "Heron lll" and have about $5000 in body work and it looks like new.

It really comes down to money on prep. If you want to learn prep, and are willing to do it right (read time, boredom, more time, more boredom...then go back and do it all onemore time), The cost of material and labor should be about the same if you have your own shop. It doesn't take much for a painter to walk up and spray a rig over an afternoon...but you sure better have it clear beforehand what you expect, and what he is responsible for. Plan to have him buff it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom