Quebec ban now permanent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sorry, but i am not biased either. i drive both. i have long term experience with both. those that judge the safety of the vehicles (so i have found) usually have not even sat in a RHD let alone have driven one for a long term. they judge on percieved safety issues.

i don't give a rats ass if the vehicle is RHD or LHD, a poor driver can NOT drive either. a good driver CAN drive either.

a ban is the wrong approach to a percieved threat. this ban is directed at the young sports car driver. there is no difference between a 5L stang, a vette and a Skyline (or for that matter a chevette), an irresponsible driver will be dangerous in any vehicle.
and
if the punk can not get a Skyline then they will buy a north american rust bucket with rotted frames, worn brakes and rusted brakelines and go booting around in it.

the ban is wrong, it is just that simple.
crushers you have some good stats and I do not know if you are right or not I was just putting some facts of my experience in the pot and they are just opinions not to be judged right of wrong. Obviously I am not biased like yourself as I do not sell RHD for a living, I just imported them for myself to drive. I am not saying that I wouldnt want another RHD vehicle, but it is a fact that they are not designed to be driven on the left side of the road.

"I will tend to agree that passing and turning left in multiple lanes is dangerous, that is factual, but who passes in a landcruiser?"
there are RHD vehicles that are not LCs and have enough power to pass

anyways it doesnt matter driving on the road is one of the most dangerous things you can do in life

While I have no dog in this fight ( I do not live in Quebec or Canada for that matter) it is somewhat difficult to see how RHD vehicles are perceived as not safe or less safe than LHD vehicles.
I gave my 15 year old son one of my RHD Land Rovers and he drove it throughout high school and would probably be driving it today if it had been faster. I would not have given him the vehicle if I thought it was not safe. I have owned 6 RHD vehicles and the only one that was an issue while merging into traffic was one that had an all canvas top ( no windows). It appears your politicians are as "penheaded" as those in the U.S.
Good luck with the issue............1978HJ45 ( U.S.A.)

I spent a number of years in the Cayman Islands where they drive on the left side. The majority of cars there are US imports and no one gets into trouble with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car unless they choose to drive like morons. Passing, merging, etc. You learn to not tailgate, to angle yourself slightly as you stop at a T intersection, use your mirrors - there are plenty of ways to overcome the odd visibility issues.

Dennis

I have to agree with "Crushers" on this one. I will take a sane driver in a RHD over an idiot in a LHD anyday. My old RHD HJ45 is to difficult to drive to be distracted by cell phones and text messaging which is the plague of the modern highway.
..........1978HJ45

Let's hope that the french administration didn't copy this rules... as i've just bought a rhd in scotland....

So it's the time to open a rhd- to-ldh conversion workshop in quebec ! Tabernacle...

Tabernacle is right!

My truck passed the 2nd SAAQ inspection on May 6th, 2009 (re-inspection after minor repairs). So I guess that means my HJ47 is one of the last, if not THE last LC to have been regisered in Qc ! Tabernacle!

Well, not really. RHD vehicles over 25years old are still registrable...

By the way, isn't there a tunnel linking France to England? Doesn't that mean all kinds of LHD cars from France drive in England and all kinds of RHD cars from England drive on the roads in France???

How can vehicles be OK to drive anywhere else on the planet but not in Québec??????? Are we that dumb that we need our gorvenment to protect us from RHD vehicles?????

And Wayne is right! How can a 25 year old car be any safer than a 15 year old one. Can someone explain the logic behind that if it's not to protect the big corpos market?

Again, Wayne I have to agree. Younger drivers were buying those imports 'cuz they were the biggest bang they could get for their buck. Not that the imports are out of their reach, they will only be able to afford older rust buckets and kill themselves and possibly others when their frame will break.

Maybe Qc should ban young drivers! Or cars! 'cuz when you think about it, cars are dangerous, you know!!!

MJ

Last edited:
tards are tards
if they can't race a skyline then they will buy a civic and race that.

i guess LHD will be next to be banned in Quebec.

Here is the solution :idea:
attach.msc.jpg

yep, that looks pretty safe to me :rolleyes:
thanks for posting it up, i can see ICBC's look on their face if we all showed up with that happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom