quarter panel protection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

73lndcrsr

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking for 1/8" or 3/16" steel quarter panels for my 40. I have not been able to find steel only aluminum. &nbsp:Does anyone know where I can get them?

Thanks.

Have you tried CoolcruisersofTexas.com? I know they have quarter panels, not sure they're that thick. You should be able to fab them out of sheet stock.
Ed :)

I too have seen them on CCOT and maybe even MAF. I've heard there is a place called ExtremeBends.com out of Canada that sells them as well. Or I have a set of Diamond platers on Ebay. :D (if you want to take the easy route.

I should clarify...

I want them for quarter panel protection. &nbsp:Diamond plate or smooth, does not matter to me at this point.

Here is the best picture i could find, basically like 2x4 piece of tubing welded by 1 1/2" tubing to the frame excelent protection!

I think you mean the rocker panels. No sweat with that
Go to your local welder and explain what you want. They will make you exactly what you need. Alternatively, you could go to lowes and spend about 30 bucks on some stout angle iron and bolt it to the rocker panel after you cut off the bottom.

I think you mean the rocker panels.  No sweat with that
Go to your local welder and explain what you want.  They will make you exactly what you need.  Alternatively, you could go to lowes and spend about 30 bucks on some stout angle iron and bolt it to the rocker panel after you cut off the bottom.  

Yeah that's what i meant. But it's for the rear quarter panels like the guys is wanting. If it stick out far enough whatever object is gonna nail the rocker guard first. First hand exeperience with my rocker guards and i whacked into a tree about 3 times :flipoff2:

one of my buddies took some angle iron and cut a small wedge out of the outside angle.......clamped down over the existing rockers then welded a bead on the cut section, he bolted right through all of it like a sandwich........not sure if you are willing to do that dance........but it looks and works bad-a$$

Thanks for all the ideas. I have cut my rockers (lots of rust on mine). I had 3/16" diamond plate bent and cut for my rockers 3" under the body and 9" above the bottom. I had the door opening cut out as well as the rear fender shape. They work great, But I still want to do something similar with the rear quarters. I have not found anyone local that can make the correct radius for me.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom