1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QuarkExpress and XData...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by woody, Jul 14, 2005.

1. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    working on a Quark template, using XData to draw in about 85 pages of catalog info...

have the if/then options set for normal items versus tabled items

BUT, I have two different table-setups...

«if TabledItemTable» is the existing tag...can that be set to something like «if TabledItemTable=2or3» run this table «else» run this table?

if that's workable, then I can run a variety of batch options during the import and get creative with the layout...otherwise this is gonna be a worse PITA than it already is.......

:confused:

2. macneill

macneill Rollin’ on 33s

Uhhh... that is some complicated stuff. I use Quack all the time, but I'm not familiar with that. Must be a Windows thing! :D

3. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    here's the existing XData dialogue....

This actually works damn slick...two images to the right of the main text, top aligned with each item, text is only printed if it exists, and the last if-then's add the spacing at the bottom to clean up alignment if the text didn't print above.

messy, but does the trick...next is reworking the table set so that if-then pushes the images below the table, rather than next to it....

I've been learning this stuff by force over the past two months...part of this tagset was created by an outside vendor, with quite a number of tweaks on my end....