Quarantine Projects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, just wondering what kinds of projects y'all are tackling with your cruisers and the extra (potential) free time. I know there is already the "What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4x4 this week?", but was looking to see if there was anything especially time consuming or long overdue that you've decided that now is the time to get it handled. I'm partly looking for ideas, inspiration, and just looking to have some solid discussion!

It seems like cleaning up wires and adding some sound deadening mats are a pretty popular chore right now... what else?

Ron Davis radiator install. Rhino Rack install. OzTent Batwing install. Raslarr SS Snorkel install. Travel Buddy Oven install.

Well shoot, now I'm broke.

Ron Davis radiator install. Rhino Rack install. OzTent Batwing install. Raslarr SS Snorkel install. Travel Buddy Oven install.

I've been eyeballing those radiators. Beautiful metalwork. Do they have more volume or more effective cooling capacity than OEM?

Sounds like a busy quarantine, I love it! And opinions on the Ron Davis yet? When I bought my 80 it had a non-oem radiator that is fairly new, but already broken at the mounts and of questionable quality and have been debating an upgrade.

I've been staring at this Steering Shaft Seal on my workbench for the last year. Planning to get around to installing it one of these days.

What's funny is that I never knew it was missing but one day, the hood was up and the sunshine was just right and I looked between my feet and saw sunlight shining through...

For all the water crossings over the years, you wouldn't know it was missing!

I've been staring at this Steering Shaft Seal on my workbench for the last year. Planning to get around to installing it one of these days.

What's funny is that I never knew it was missing but one day, the hood was up and the sunshine was just right and I looked between my feet and saw sunlight shining through...

I hear this is simple... I have had the part in my center console for about a year too :rofl:

My projects have been around the house... currently building some adirondack chairs for the backyard... just in time for the heat lol
1587656331930.png

Sounds like a busy quarantine, I love it! And opinions on the Ron Davis yet? When I bought my 80 it had a non-oem radiator that is fairly new, but already broken at the mounts and of questionable quality and have been debating an upgrade.
When I started my engine swap, I was told by several sources that the Ron Davis rads were the best, but the price kept me away. After dealing with cooling and coolant flow rate issues, I said screw it. I will say it is a beautiful piece of fabrication. I can't wait to get it in and see how it works.

I've been working on trying to find out how to secure my new drawer in the bed of my truck. I'm also going to run new thicker dedicate wires for my Dometic fridge this weekend. At some point, I need to figure out how I can make a bracket for group 31 battery on the third gen Tacoma when I don't a have sample battery to mock it up. Oh yeah, I had to replace the rear passenger Dakar leaf springs with a new one last week since it was sagging prematurely........it never ends 😩

I've been working on trying to find out how to secure my new drawer in the bed of my truck. I'm also going to run new thicker dedicate wires for my Dometic fridge this weekend. At some point, I need to figure out how I can make a bracket for group 31 battery on the third gen Tacoma when I don't a have sample battery to mock it up. Oh yeah, I had to replace the rear passenger Dakar leaf springs with a new one last week since it was sagging prematurely........it never ends 😩

Here are the dimensions for a group 31. Just make one out of cardboard and tape for mock up. Physical dimensions of BCI Group 31 batteries are approximately 13 x 6 13/16 x 9 7/16 inches (~13 x 6.8 x 9.44 inches, 330 x 173 x 240 mm), and they weigh anywhere from just under 30 pounds (lithium batteries) to almost 80 pounds (lead-acid batteries).

I have the exact same part hanging on the peg board. I see it and think, "I need to install that", then I say "but not today" and it goes on and on.

I have the exact same part hanging on the peg board. I see it and think, "I need to install that", then I say "but not today" and it goes on and on.
we should have a zoom call party... "lets install the seal" lolol

I hear this is simple... I have had the part in my center console for about a year too :rofl:

My projects have been around the house... currently building some adirondack chairs for the backyard... just in time for the heat lol
View attachment 2282998
Keep us updated on the chairs, I bet those will look great. Never played around with Adirondack before!

When I started my engine swap, I was told by several sources that the Ron Davis rads were the best, but the price kept me away. After dealing with cooling and coolant flow rate issues, I said screw it. I will say it is a beautiful piece of fabrication. I can't wait to get it in and see how it works.

Awesome, hope the function justifies the price! I'll have to start pinching my pennies if my current radiator starts to act up.

Here are the dimensions for a group 31. Just make one out of cardboard and tape for mock up. Physical dimensions of BCI Group 31 batteries are approximately 13 x 6 13/16 x 9 7/16 inches (~13 x 6.8 x 9.44 inches, 330 x 173 x 240 mm), and they weigh anywhere from just under 30 pounds (lithium batteries) to almost 80 pounds (lead-acid batteries).
@Dimples are the height of the terminals included in the measurement?

Keep us updated on the chairs, I bet those will look great. Never played around with Adirondack before!
Will do! I got the plans and hardware kits from Rockler, and using red wood from the homeless despot. Waiting on a proper bandsaw blade replacement.

View attachment 2282998

You stay busy!!

probably not missing, just worn out. Seems like Phil says he can feel heat coming from the engine compartment when driving barefoot, that’s when he knows ro replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom