Quarantine Projects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just stuff I had, 1/4” plywood and a old hasp in my grandfathers stuff. Lantern has been in its original box for 17 years. Just some old stickers I had laying around.
04D269B6-6DA4-4A02-AB8B-AEE554DDFEA6.jpeg
4ED6E4A8-6BC9-4BF1-BC58-3BF8C40EA37B.jpeg
F00D5FEE-79CD-45FB-B316-F28247DA99A1.jpeg
F9552C4A-4CBC-4836-944A-8577803A8EE8.jpeg

Coleman? I'm interested to see what model is in that classic carrier,

Still get a kick out of the quiet 'hisss' of a Coleman. In fact, I might dig mine out tonight and give it a light. Thanks!

I'M BAAACK. Thought this Covid/quarantine thing was over. Have to tell that to my wife. I've never been in quarantine, been going to work the whole time, and never really bought into the covid. But projects must go on...So that was the longest, hardest, single shelf install, EVER. The black cabinets were in our laundry room. My wife wanted to simplify by just adding an open shelf. No problem I said. I could use some cabinets in the garage. Like most "little"projects they don't seem to stay that way. Kablam! Six weeks later to the day... we have a shelf!! Ok fine I was the one who wanted the sink since last forever. I suppose I also had said if I'm going to do a sink I don't want to take it out and do the floor later. That of course leads to new baseboard and trim (which mind you turned into new baseboard and trim for the boys rooms as well). WHAT THE HECK! Only one tiny set back leading to an emergency plumber call on a Saturday. May or may not have poked a pin hole in the copper water line. I was happy that it was easy tapping into the main drain for the sink. Anyway... So technically she did get just what she asked for.

*My brother, who's way more handy than me, built the back splash box thing to cover the dryer outlet, acts also as more stabilizer for the sink. Besides I was done. Hook it all back up and bonus of no leaks. Biggest bonus is I have my utility sink.

20200504_210811.jpg

20200524_155305.jpg

20200530_214431.jpg

20200607_194620.jpg

20200607_181112.jpg

20200607_203641.jpg

20200607_203806.jpg

20200607_203936.jpg

Well, as the quarantine started I decided I needed a new hobby. How about learning how to glue metal together? I don't have a lot of room and just wanting to dip my toes into the water I bought a Harbor Freight Titanium 125 flux core welder. I want to thank @ARJMN for a morning of introductory welding.

The first project was a quarantine project. The Mrs was now working from home and needed a second monitor. The monitor we bought had a non-adjustable stand. I happened to have a wall-mount bracket collecting dust so Game On!

IMG_3157.jpg
IMG_3160.jpg
IMG_3161.jpg

Welding thin metal was hard. It took me until the end to figure out how to at least avoid burn through. After some rigorous grinding the end product turned out fit-for-purpose. The Mrs is happy and I guess that is all that matter.

So now feeling a little be more ready (cocky :lol:), I moved to project #2, trailer sides. I've had this trailer for awhile and initially just used wood. That stuff disintegrated and I've been wanting to do something with metal. I went back to the metal place and bought $60 off cutoffs. Lesson learned, this stuff is dirty and rusty as all get up, but cheap.

IMG_3164.jpg

Welding 0.125" and .060" is so much easier, but still a learning curve for me. Toward the end I think I finally started to get 50% consistent. I also discovered that Hobart flux core wire worked a lot better than the Vulcan stuff from Harbor Freight.

IMG_3197.jpg
IMG_3199.jpg

I did this so that all three sides are separate and bolted together so it is easy to remove. It took be way too many days and I am also in the market for a bandsaw. Cutting discs are great, but I can't do it as precise as I would like. I still need to paint it and the plywood is temporary, but it is working now.

IMG_3228.jpg

Note to self, 10 hours of tree trimming in June will dehydrate you even if you drink two gallons of water. Not advisable :lol: Sadly, I need to do the second tree after I empty out the trailer. I'm also in the market for an electric chainsaw, preferably battery. I need to clean up some cuts on some 8" limbs I hacked off with the pole saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom