Quality LS engine remanufacturers or wreckers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gofast

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm doing my research right now for doing an LS conversion on the LX. It is a common conversion and the path that others have travelled will benefit me as I contemplate what I have to purchase and prepare for.

I'm sort of mixed on the approach . Crate gets a little expensive (up to 20k), so I'm considering low mileage. I've been on the ICBC salvage site and I'm not a dismantler, rebulilder or dealer and they have restrictions on who I can sell parts to. I was considering an Escalade or Silverado. If anyone has had successful dealings with ICBC please PM me as I'd like to learn a little.

The other routes are engine remanufacturers but finding reputable is a challenge and input from the forum would be really helpful.

And finally salvage yards and again - reputable - if anyone has good experiences I'd love to hear from you.

I keep dreaming of dropping my perfectly adequate 1FZE that nets me 202 hp and 12.3 mpg for something that can net me 19 mpg and 380-400 hp.

Bonus, towing the m101 on a trip this year my lovely wife suggested I start down the path for conversion. I think she was tired of the 12hrs it took to get from the Okanagan to Powell River. Ain't she grand!

While crate options are cool, they do add up because you have to buy all of your peripherals typically new. If it was me, I would keep an eye out for a wrecked one locally or one that someone is selling inexpensively.

What year's and models do you have in mind?

b18a6b64-a90c-483b-8c2f-282f8954790f-jpeg.2449932

Nothing to add other than asking how do you like good 'ol PR? Hoping to move back there one of these days.

First time up there in 26 years. Used to go quite regular as my wife's grandfather lived there - not much has changed but some amenities.

20200806_204446.jpg

20200805_073200.jpg

While crate options are cool, they do add up because you have to buy all of your peripherals typically new. If it was me, I would keep an eye out for a wrecked one locally or one that someone is selling inexpensively.

What year's and models do you have in mind?

Its not years as much as engine and tranny combos. I'm after a 6.0 litre version with a six speed auto 6L80E or 6L90E. Depending on condition (young and fresh) I'd consider a 5.3 with 4 speed auto

At least I think its the 6 speed. Not many of those have been done... but it seems to be the best horse power and fuel economy option

Last edited:
First time up there in 26 years. Used to go quite regular as my wife's grandfather lived there - not much has changed but some amenities.

View attachment 2451198

yeah, not much changes there. There is a McDonalds now :)

Looks like some quality time at Ciaran's Creekside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom