Q's before I install my ironman lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just received my 2" iron man lift from Cruiserparts.net (These guys are great, extremely helpful with all my questions. They even threw in a set of 20mm spacers for free when I called 2 days later to add them to my order)

I was looking at the instructions that came with them. The springs are labeled DS and NS, drivers side and near side. Should I put them in on their labeled sides or do they need to be reversed for a left hand drive vehicle? I didn't see anything on the subject with a search. I ask because I've seen that this is sometimes the case with the TMJ's or OME springs. I'd prefer to install them once.

I had the same question. When I called and talked to Eli at Ironman he said they were labeled for the North American market.

Read this

I just received my 2" iron man lift from Cruiserparts.net (These guys are great, extremely helpful with all my questions. They even threw in a set of 20mm spacers for free when I called 2 days later to add them to my order)

I was looking at the instructions that came with them. The springs are labeled DS and NS, drivers side and near side. Should I put them in on their labeled sides or do they need to be reversed for a left hand drive vehicle? I didn't see anything on the subject with a search. I ask because I've seen that this is sometimes the case with the TMJ's or OME springs. I'd prefer to install them once.

I just installed the same suspension on my '91 about a week ago and we put the DS springs on the left side of the vehicle (driver's side). We ended up sitting one inch low on the driver's side with 1/4 tank of gas on level concrete. I read somewhere too that they were labeled for the American market but now I'm not sure. It's a pretty obvious lean.

I'm planning to switch them out this weekend and am really hoping for a level stance. I'll post with the results. Good luck with your lift.

I had the same question. When I called and talked to Eli at Ironman he said they were labeled for the North American market.

I got the same answer with the 4" KIT.

But i'm also lopsided after they settled.

I'm going to try a switch, to see if anything changes for the better.

I rather have the DS side be taller in any case, I weigh 235lbs, I shoulb be able to lower that side by 1" :D

But being me and the 1" less to start with, I'm sure that its more lopsided when I'm in it!:doh:

So I installed my lift. I measured straight from the ground to the bottom of the wheel arches/flares.

performance front springs, constant load rear springs, foam cell shocks and 20mm front spacers. No bumpers/additional weight yet.

FL 34.5 FR 34.25 Before
FL 37.25 FR 38 After

RL 35.25 RR 35 Before
RL 38.25 RR 38.75 After

You don't really notice the lean.

2nd question, do you need to cycle the dampers before installing them and if so how much do you need to. Mine are real difficult to expand but are easily compressed. I think way to easily, and the ride is suffering because of it.

I just did this install and in my case, the DS was US passenger side. Thankfully I went with Landtank's advice about the taller spring going on the driver side. Thank you Sir!

On the cruiserparts website they show the 4" springs and the 6" springs but no 2". There is a set of springs that doesnt have any lift measurement at all and I'm wondering if this is the 2" lift or are they just stock replacements?
Any help would be appreciated.

I swapped the rear due to 2" difference on the ps. Same answer when I called Eli. He so nice to pay the labor to swap the rear coz the shop that installed it wants to charge me for that .

Not all cruisers are the same though.

I swapped mine as Eli told me (DS on DS and PS on PS) and now the truck sits level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom