QC sound deadener (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There are a few threads and builds out there with Quiet Cr@p mentioned. Looking at this for one of my first "upgrades" For those that have used it I understand the 80mil. is too thick for the doors etc?

So what amount (sq. FT) of 80 to buy for the floors etc and what amount of 50 for the doors or hard to fit places?

Also can anyone comment on its temperature reducing qualities? Not so much for my LC but I have another vehicle that could seriously use something over the tranny hump to reduce heat and noise.

Does anyone have a before and after video of the improvement with QC? or any other sound deadener for that matter.

Thanks

USE DYNAMAT!!

Dynamat is a vibration damper, not sound proofing.

I used MLV (mass loaded vinyl) on my floors and doors and there was a noticeable improvement with how quiet the vehicle has gotten.

One word of caution, you should only use small pieces of MLV in the doors as one large panel of it will not easily adhere to your door skin.

I ordered the 100 sqft roll for the floors and wheel wells and had left overs (I covered the whole floor). I can't speak to heat reduction but I can say the QC coupled with the mass loaded vinyl made a significant difference in driving noise.

I have cruiser crap in my doors. Works well.

IMAG2605.jpg

IMAG2607.jpg

Is that 80 mil or 50 mil QC in/on the doors? there was a suggestion that the 80 mil was too thick for the doors?
I have cruiser crap in my doors. Works well.

IMAG2605.jpg

IMAG2607.jpg

Dynamat is a vibration damper, not sound proofing.

I used MLV (mass loaded vinyl) on my floors and doors and there was a noticeable improvement with how quiet the vehicle has gotten.

One word of caution, you should only use small pieces of MLV in the doors as one large panel of it will not easily adhere to your door skin.

Any recommendation on a specific MLV?

Thanks

Is that 80 mil or 50 mil QC in/on the doors? there was a suggestion that the 80 mil was too thick for the doors?

I don't remember there being different thicknesses when I bought my cruiser crap. I don't see why the 50ml would work but 80ml wouldn't.

what you actually want is a continuous barrier of the mlv. Cutting it up defeats the purpose.
If you overlap it, it works fine. The issue is that vinyl is not a particularly easy material to adhere to things. The bigger the shape, the more likely it is to peel off something like the inside of a door panel on a bumpy road or a hot day. Then your windows won't go down.

In the case of the surface btwn the door card and the inner door metal; I think due to the space (thickness) limitarions, that a product like ensolite would be preferable. otherwise MLV would always be the premium choice.

FWIW... in these old tanks that are inherently noisey, I think good old fashioned auto jute is a great and cost efficient choice.

You can never go wrong with a lot of vibration dampne

I don't remember there being different thicknesses when I bought my cruiser crap. I don't see why the 50ml would work but 80ml wouldn't.
Vendor indicated the 50 mil was new specifically for tighter areas such as doors. I will probably just go with the 80 mil and see how it goes in terms of getting it into tighter places

In the case of the surface btwn the door card and the inner door metal; I think due to the space (thickness) limitarions, that a product like ensolite would be preferable. otherwise MLV would always be the premium choice.

FWIW... in these old tanks that are inherently noisey, I think good old fashioned auto jute is a great and cost efficient choice.

You can never go wrong with a lot of vibration dampne

Definitely not averse to "good old fashioned jute" but if Im spending the time and effort to do the job anyway and keeping the FJ for a long time I figure I may as well do it as well as I can.

I drove this old workhorse 860 miles home from buying it so I know how noisy it can be! Although in fairness it was relatively neglected with shoddy tires which definitely didnt help.

Appreciate all the input so far

Does anyone have feedback on heat reduction?

As far as cabin noise attenuation, there is a point of deminishing returns on these vehicles. I'm all for throwing money at things as long as you got it. I'm just cheap, or poor, or both ;)

Definitely not averse to "good old fashioned jute" but if Im spending the time and effort to do the job anyway and keeping the FJ for a long time I figure I may as well do it as well as I can.

I drove this old workhorse 860 miles home from buying it so I know how noisy it can be! Although in fairness it was relatively neglected with shoddy tires which definitely didnt help.

Appreciate all the input so far

Does anyone have feedback on heat reduction?
Double up on tranny hump...at a minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom