Qatar Vehicle Inspection Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The pumps can be resealed. Just have to not loose the parts. There is a company in the States that does this if you don't want to do it but that would be a long process. We rebuilt mine with the Toyota reseal kit and so far no problems.

-Geoff

He's an old-timer mechanic..who said if someone opens it; they will never to close it properly. He said the same thing regarding the PS pump. But me being an Engineer, thought, its just a pump...I can do it....boy was that a big mistake. Ended up buying a new pump.

Chasing another mechanic; but am not very hopeful. You got to trust the old-timers

Buy the re-seal kit... and do it yourself. There's a thread on MUD that helps you. Also, I documented my rebuild of one. But DON'T give it to any local mechanic. And be patient.

Read up here.

The pumps can be resealed. Just have to not loose the parts. There is a company in the States that does this if you don't want to do it but that would be a long process. We rebuilt mine with the Toyota reseal kit and so far no problems.

-Geoff

Do you the contact details of the company? I ended up buying a new OEM pump; but would still like to get my old pump fixed.

Bought a re-seal kit and found a mechanic. Strongly recommended by a friend. Gear boxes is his thing so should not have any problems + he's also working on a bunch of classic cars; mainly American.

West Texas Offroad |

These guys do gearboxes and are highly recommended. May also do the pumps. Biggest thing on the pump is to not loose the springs. But if the slipper plates are worn then may not be worth rebuilding.

-Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom