Builds PZJ70 build-refurbish!? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mounted.

75FC146D-0803-4ECA-87A0-6B81893D37D7.jpeg

Cheers

Client showed up so had to visit with him awhile. Finished timing it, put it back together and took it for a drive.

WOW this truck runs stupendous now! Out by .08mm seems to make a lot of difference.

Cheers

Clutch adjusted today until it was just right.

Steering box adjusted multiple times today until it was just right.

Shocks softened up a lot, feels way better.

Front driveline is groaning in phase or out of phase. No vibes, just groaning. Looks like a DC shaft will have to go in it.

Need to adjust headlights in the morning, toss on drivers seat cover and yank the front driveline. That’s it and the truck is off on it’s first road trip with the owner! That makes me happy. :)

Cheers

Would this clutch be similar to a HZ76?? If so where the heck do you adjust it. Mine just has a positive pressure on the thrust bearing, therefor pressure plate, caused by a spring with in the slave cylinder. Took me a while to get used to this as I am used to old systems which use springs to keep the thrust bearing AWAY from the pressure plate.

Seems I wasn’t that far out.

View attachment 2023235

Cheers
Are these tools specific to the IP that they are used on?? I ask this because the lever pivot does not seem to be in the middle, which would amplify the movement (reading) on the guage side?? Or does it pivot in the middle. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but i once made a fitting to get the guage directly in the IP of a 3BII ( rotary pump), and I never got it right. The right tool may have solved the problem!!

Are these tools specific to the IP that they are used on?? I ask this because the lever pivot does not seem to be in the middle, which would amplify the movement (reading) on the guage side?? Or does it pivot in the middle. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but i once made a fitting to get the guage directly in the IP of a 3BII ( rotary pump), and I never got it right. The right tool may have solved the problem!!

As far as I know it is for 1PZ/1HZ & 1HDT. I bought it from Toyota using the part number listed in the FSM. Not sure if it works on other diesels. It worked well and after setting the timing the engine is running the best it has ever ran.

Cheers

Would this clutch be similar to a HZ76?? If so where the heck do you adjust it. Mine just has a positive pressure on the thrust bearing, therefor pressure plate, caused by a spring with in the slave cylinder. Took me a while to get used to this as I am used to old systems which use springs to keep the thrust bearing AWAY from the pressure plate.

Well this truck has a booster on the clutch so there are two places to make an adjustment. At the pedal and at the rod between the booster and master. I needed to adjust the rod between the booster and master to get a touch more throw out of the slave. Got that dialed in and the clutch works perfectly.

Earlier in the thread you can see I converted this to a 1HZ single mass flywheel and am running a Safari Tuff clutch suit for an 80-series 1HZ.

Cheers

Last edited:
I really want to see that camp trailer you mentioned hooked up to the truck! Phenomenal work Ian!

Nice build and dedication to the detail . . took me 2 days check all 33 pages ..

Thank you guys, appreciate your comments.

I will get a pic with the antique tear drop trailer eventually.

When it is 100% done I will take a detailed video and post it.

Cheers

You are either going to like this or hate it! :lol:

9B92E37B-6436-4E58-B08E-5FCA06D1D359.jpeg
C2B2BD1E-CD51-4F2D-BB31-19A5CCDD1A22.jpeg

Personally, I like it and think it will look great once the black front bumper and sliders are fitted. Certainly changed the look of the truck, gold and black. :)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom