pyro help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, im new here. just posted an into in the 60 section. Im looking for a pyrometer and was wondering what you all run. it seems that there was one in the truck some time ago. it was post turbo, i think i will do the same just to cover up their jerry rig of a setup.

I run an Isspro one. Available in both 12 and 24v I like it because it has a color coded dial, green for safe, yellow for careful and red for danger!

autometer - ultra light pyrometer / 0 - 1600 f EGT's

have had no problems

cheers

i found a vdo for $160 complete. it has a weld in sensor mount. how did you guys mont yours. i was thinking of putting it in one of the center vents.

Iss pro rainbow gauge. Works very well, and easy to see. I have mine mounted on the A-pillar.

I used a VDO, not a clear pic but you can see it in the dump pipe.:cheers:
Picswithkirk5-5-06329.jpg

STAY AWAY from auto meter pyros, i have installed dozens and have replaced almost as many. the warranty sucks, the service sucks, the reliability sucks.
i guess what i am trying to say it Autometer SUCKS.
i am going to Isspro on the next batch of rigs, hopefully we will have better results.

oh and the mechanical Autometer guages SUCK as well. the gauge itself leaks and that get the back of your dash all covered with oil. it isn't a gusher but more of a steady leak.... PITA.

<just my unbiased impression of Autometer>
;^)

cheers

I just installed the VDO pyrometer in my BJ42. I don't have a turbo so I drilled into the top of the exhaust manifold just before the exit to the tailpipe. I tapped the hole and screwed the sensor in. Seems to work and I can't weld. ;)

I'm looking forward to using it.
Happy Trails! N

I just installed the VDO pyrometer in my BJ42. I don't have a turbo so I drilled into the top of the exhaust manifold just before the exit to the tailpipe. I tapped the hole and screwed the sensor in. Seems to work and I can't weld. ;)

I'm looking forward to using it.
Happy Trails! N

Let us know what the naturally aspirated 3B runs at under load. I'm curious.

Pascal is running one onn his NA 3B in preperation to a turbo install and he is hitting 1600F easily. his driving habits have changed dramaticly since the installation of the pyro...
cheers

Wow!!!
I'm sure I would have been there too before I turbo'd mine.

The ISSPRO EV gauges are also easier to read and look a lot cleaner than the Autometer which have a tall bezel that gets in the way. The graphics on the black faced ISSPRO gauges also more closely matches the graphics in OEM Toyota gauge clusters. AND...the quick connect that ISSPRO uses on their thermocouples are far superior to the screw and sleeve type that Autometer uses in theirs.

ISSPRO would always be my choice over Autometer...

Here are some day and night shots of my ISSPro gauges.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, i see a lot of you have got boost gauges. would you recomend one? cody c your interior looks very familier, is that you glow switch next to the interior light dimmer? thats where mine ended up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom