PVC shower liner. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tigerstripe40

SILVER Star
Threads
I was looking at some PVC shower liner at the home Depot today.

I was wondering how well htis shower liner material would do for reducing heat and dampening noise in my FJ40.

This is sold by the foot in 48" wide segments for about $5.00 per foot.

I figure I could make a floor mat, which I could attatch to the backside of some carpet. I wouldn't glue it down, but I might put some snaps into the tub to help secure it.

How well would this work?

i use this stuff alot when tiling, i doubt it will reduce heat or noise at all, it purely for water-proofing when i use it. when i restored my MGB i used a double foil backed bubble insulation stuff from lowes. It's in the insulation isle and is about 20 bucks for 25 feet and it comes in several widths. It works great for heat and noise. its about a 1/4" thick. just an idea for you to think a bout.

bandy rooster said:
dynomat=expensive, but it does work...

the foil bubble wrap is the s***... try it man.

I use a double layer bubble with foil under radiant heat.. works great and is only 3/8" thick

Kevin

Bandy how did you stick it down?

Your in Pa right, wheres about?

Kevin (30 miles north of Philly)

x4 the cheap foil.... after I did it, I didn't have to adjust radio volume when driving and at stop lights with the hard top on. Jay in NY

I have a huge piece of foil backed fiberglass sound deadening material that is top notch I bought off ebay, but you would not want to use it if you plan on having the top off. If moisture gets under and is trapped its not a good thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom