Putting the Mojo Back in Bad Mojo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have worse issues with frame flex. that's what puts my fan into the bottom mount a little bit (full/extreme axle cross up).

I just finished getting my test mounts tweaked enough that I am happy to start making some final mounts, so I am buying steel tomorrow afternoon. Here are some fitment pictures. The engine will get pushed back about a 1/2" to 3/4" to help clear the fan more. Everything else is lining up great. :D

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

Nice!

Is it just me, or is your radiator cockeyed in the shot from above, or is the whole engine?

Dan

The engine is the one that is cockeyed in the above picture I took it slightly crooked, so it makes the engine look straight. The engine has a slight kick to the left with a slight downward slant.

Steel purchased and has been cut up partially.

My cruiser is officially a HZJ40 now. The motor mounts were welded in today courtesy of Ali. Thanks again! Now all the fun stuff can start.

Can't wait to see this thing!

Just a little update on this project. I picked up the diesel decals from Spector when my dad and I extended our lay over in LAX. We looked at Spector, Icon, and Sciarc (architecture grad school). I only got one picture from Icon because we were a bit busy trying not to run into anything while we stared. Enjoy the pictures.

I will try to get more pictures up later.

image-3736022154.jpg

image-3824590125.jpg

image-1430401139.jpg

Last edited:
There are some cool looking oddball cruisers in that collection. Do you know what model that taxi is? I have seen one of those posted before but I can't remember what it was. PX10 or something like that?

IMG_2786.jpg

Yep it is a PX10 with a factory 1HZ.

Here are some other cruisers I saw at Spector. Enjoy

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

Two questions, and a quick update.

1. Does anyone sell a 21 spline clutch alignment tool in town?
2. Who does the best job resurfacing flywheels in town?

The project is getting some life into again. I have finally gathered all the major parts to finish this conversion. A H55 and a split case are both torn down and getting cleaned up right now. Also a rear FZJ80 axle has been located. It will be shortened, and it will solve the parking brake issue along with bring in rear disk brakes.

Lastly, before August 1st the cruiser will be moved into long term storage do to me moving to North Carolina to start graduate school. I am pushing to have the drivetrain all mounted and the engine started once before I leave.

Paul, I've used Budlong and Edwards to surface flywheels. Both did a fine job.

I have an input shaft off a R150F that you can borrow. I believe the splines are all the same.

2X on Budlong

Paul, I've used Budlong and Edwards to surface flywheels. Both did a fine job.

I have an input shaft off a R150F that you can borrow. I believe the splines are all the same.

Perfect, I will be in touch next week once I am back in town. Thanks.

Two questions, and a quick update.

1. Does anyone sell a 21 spline clutch alignment tool in town?

I've got a 21 spline alignment tool you are welcome to use as well.

It is indeed the same as that of the R150f.

Dan

One more question.

The 40 is getting moved over to another shop space in the very near future. The journey is about 1.5 miles, and I am trying to figure out the best means of moving the forty. It currently doesn't have its drivetrain in it or much of anything else attached. It is only the frame and body from the firewall back. It is on a set of rollers currently. My main concern is the only remaining steering linkage is the tie rod connecting the knuckles together. Brakes are intact. I am much more concerned with doing it right , and not skimping on safety.

My other concern is both shops have inclined driveways.

The truck has a tow package rated for pulling the forty without issue.

Options

1. Tow bar and lights.

2. Dolly

3. Car Hauler

4. Hire a wrecker to move it.

Suggestions welcomed,
Thanks.

if it has tires, car hauler or dolly is easy. I use a come-a-long to get vehicles on mine. my trailer is currently not with me, but should be back soon if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom