putting the birf back together need help!!!

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by lx450landcruiser, Aug 1, 2005.

1. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

ok i did the drivers side but i had some help now im doing the passenger side and i need to put the birf back together so heres the questions.

when i look at the inner gear (sorry dont know name) the one that looks like a spider gear kinda it holds the balls. theres a slight difference in size. so does the smaller side go inside the birf or sit out ward towards the long shaft?

same question for the cage. theres a bigger hole and a smaller hole which one goues out?

thanks

mike

2. mabrodis

mabrodis

I know *exactly* what you're talking about, however, I struggled with the same thing, and I forgot which side goes where... :doh: Hopefully someone here can post a picture...I know if you search on here and on pirate you'll find the answer though.

3. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

got it nm i looked at the cromoly site and fixed it
    mmmmm they turn like budda

mike

4. mabrodis

mabrodis

Cool!! :cool:

I need to pull the mini apart probably tonight, this will be a speed knuckle job, have all the parts, just need to go, go, go...have too much to get done before going to Silverton on Sunday...

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.