For Sale Putting my Troopy on the market (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since retiring recently, I’ve decided to start a new project build. Problem is, the Troopy will have to fund it.
With no idea what a fair price is for this truck, I come here again for advice. I documented the entire restoration here (Tearring down myHJ47 Troopy). It’s been a great truck and I don’t want to part with it, but
I’ve had my fun and need to move on to the next build. If anyone here can help with ideas or info, I’ll be all ears. I’m now in Washington State near Tacoma.
Scott

More information on my Troopy. 220,000 kms. 2H, Working A/C, Turboglide Turbo, 373 axle ratios. 32 inch AT BFGs, Safari Snorkle. I’d ask that if anyone has interest, look through the thread listed above for more details. I’ll be posting current pics soon. I welcome any help or ideas on a potential sale.

I am not sure on a price, but these are ridiculously priced here and of course Ebay, so it seems you could ask anything.
I have an option though, since your looking for a project, you can have my rusted 78 fj40 in trade for this. :rofl:

sorry, not helpful, but good luck with the sale! Nice truck!

That’s very nice of you. I have to ask, What’s a ridiculous price? I see the Land Cruiser sales stuff on the web. But you just don’t see enough RHD Diesel Land Cruisers (that are sorted out), going up for sale. I don’t really know what to ask for this Cruiser. I’m not ready to do a No-Reserve Auction thing at this point either so, I’m in the setting-the-price stage and would like the knowledgeable people here to chime in. I’m not a seller by nature, so setting a fair asking price is difficult. I want it to be fair for all involved.

@gswest, you do realize you’re in the 70 series classifieds? May want to ask around in the 40 series section. Sorry I can’t help with your question

My bad. It’s been awhile since I’ve been on the site. Moving this subject to the appropriate area. Thanks.

No worries. Unfortunately that’s the only help I can provide

I had great luck selling my HJ45 troopy on Bring a trailer. I had a reserve on it and it well exceeded that reserve. 2nd highest bidder was FJ company so it reaches a great audience and only costs $99.

I was going to suggest looking at bring a trailer and or ebay for price comparisons as well. Picclick shows ebay sales over several months. And may help.BAT shows past sales as well.
Since you've documented the build, that will help interested party's make a more informed choice on a landcruiser purchase.
I hope this helps.
Good luck with your sale and on your next project

Did a quick search, and found the below, didn't sell at 46k, but like Barefoot said, looking online and finding old ebay listings is a good idea.

1982 Toyota Land Cruiser HJ47 | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom