SOLD Putting my LHD BJ73 up for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Relisted at a 37500 sale price. Someone is getting a kick ass deal here

1985 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

Here's the ad as written on Ebay:

This BJ73 was legally imported from Spain in 2014 with a clean WA State title. It has since gone through a complete mechanical resto-mod using common parts so it can be serviced anywhere in the country. Upgrades include a 430HP LS3 brand new from GM, 6-speed automatic transmission with all-wheel drive, custom interior with BMW seats, sound deadening in the cab, winch, etc. Some of the parts and work include:

1. New GM EROD LS3 6.2 liter 430HP engine with a 50,000 mile warranty

2. GM 6L80e transmission was installed with regular and sport shift mode

3. Rebuilt transfer case

4. Rebuilt front and rear differentials with Harrop E-Lockers

5. FZJ80 dial locker switch to control lockers

6. Rebuilt front and rear hubs, wheel bearings, brakes

7. Terrain Tamer suspension kit with new springs, shocks, shackles

8. FJ40 radiator with custom electric fan shroud

9. Spal electric fan

10. AC is all new, with new factory condenser and evaporator

11. Body was removed and frame was cleaned and coated in POR15

12. Hard top was removed and new headliner installed, then FRP top was painted

13. Entire interior of truck was cleaned and coated in sound proof material

14. BMW heated seats were installed in the front

15. Bestop back seat was installed with seatbelts

16. Custom carpet kit was made by a local upholstery shop

17. Rear panels were custom made with HDPE plastic, including hatches for storage

18. Alpine touch screen stereo installed with matching amp and speakers

19. Tuffy center console installed on custom base with USB outlets and volt meter

20. Mag-Lite mounted on console with charger

21. Custom dual battery tray with 2 Odyssey group 34 batteries

22. FZJ80 European 16” wheels, powdercoated in grey

23. BFG MT 33” tires

24. ARB Bull bar with Come-Up winch

25. 4x4 Labs rear bumper with dual swing outs

26. Outback drawer in the rear for storage

27. Arctic start alarm with auto car start

28. FZJ80 transfer case with AWD

29. New factory steering wheel

30. New factory turn signal switches

31. New horns

32. Cruise control

33. LED Truck-Lite headlights

This was a marketing vehicle for my company Torfab.com - I’m selling this truck because we are moving to a new platform for the upcoming season. It has about 10,000 Kilometers on it currently, and will have more by the time it’s sold as I will continue to take it to events. This is an absolutely sweet cruiser, and someone will love this truck. It’s been great to us, and continues to be a fun and enjoyable cruiser to bring to events. This truck will be featured in 4WD Toyota Owners magazine over the summer, because it’s so unique and such a thorough build.

Feel free to contact us with any questions. Shipping will be at buyers expense, test drives can be arranged in Everett, WA. We drove this truck to Moab last month and it performed flawlessly the whole time, so if you want to fly in and drive it home I would encourage it.

Last edited:
Here are some photos, feel free to email or call for more info

info@torfab.com
206-659-8677

Cheers!
-Tor

IMG_0280-1 (2).jpg

IMG_0339.JPG

Nice truck. Ebay link says listing was removed. Was it sold?

Would it be ok to ask about the price since Ebay pulled it?

Curious , what is the gas mileage like ? Will ya take my 80 and my rj70 as trade plus cash ? I'm local.

Awesome truck. The pics certainly don't do it justice, partly because they're too dark.

I would like to say thank you to Tor.. and he wasn't kidding , All I can say is I got one hell of a deal on the truck! He seriously down played the vehicle in the description and left out quite a bit of details. Had I not been raised around a dad that restored Model A Fords, myself being a helicopter mechanic/ crew chief and auto mechanic and also done a resto mod that took over ten years to complete on a 1971 Datsun 510 that won JCCS. All helps me understand and appreciate what I have in my possession .

If you guys have never had the pleasure of riding in or driving a rig like this , I highly recommend you put it high on your list . My best description of this truck is it feels and drives much like a AMG G55 , yet your not afraid to actually drive it off road like it was originally built for. I have been smiling for hours literally. I let my girl drive back to Seattle in traffic without a hiccup ...she loves it too.

I got a couple minor issues to fix on her and off we go on a adventure . I've been trying to buy a nice cruiser for quite some time , and every time I find one , they are gone already or the owner is really still to in love with their car. Patience and luck prevailed !

Last edited:
I would like to say thank you to Tor.. and he wasn't kidding , All I can say is I got one hell of a deal on the truck! He seriously down played the vehicle in the description and left out quite a bit of details. Had I not been raised around a dad that restored Model A Fords, myself being a helicopter mechanic/ crew chief and auto mechanic and also done a resto mod that took over ten years to complete on a 1971 Datsun 510 that won JCCS. All helps me understand and appreciate what I have in my possession .

If you guys have never had the pleasure of riding in or driving a rig like this , I highly recommend you put it high on your list . My best description of this truck is it feels and drives much like a AMG G55 , yet your not afraid to actually drive it off road like it was originally built for. I have been smiling for hours literally. I let my girl drive back to Seattle in traffic without a hiccup ...she loves it too.

I got a couple minor issues to fix on her and off we go on a adventure . I've been trying to buy a nice cruiser for quite some time , and every time I find one , they are gone already or the owner is really still to in love with their car. Patience and luck prevailed !

I tell so many people how awesome a v8 is in a Cruiser. Most scoff at it and say they would never own or drive one. They are the ones that have never driven a nice and well converted v8 Cruiser.

By the way, I restored classic Nissan Patrols for years and owned them for many more. Love 510's and have family and close friends who own very nice and built up ones. ;)

Congrats on the truck, it looks awesome!!

Cheers

I tell so many people how awesome a v8 is in a Cruiser. Most scoff at it and say they would never own or drive one. They are the ones that have never driven a nice and well converted v8 Cruiser.

By the way, I restored classic Nissan Patrols for years and owned them for many more. Love 510's and have family and close friends who own very nice and built up ones. ;)

Congrats on the truck, it looks awesome!!

Cheers
Thanks for the well wishes .

Patrols are awesome as well. I almost bought a 1995 diesel in El Salvador a couple years ago that belonged to a Arena politician from that era. It only had 60k oroninal miles. I had already paid for it but the people selling did not have the original title and wanted me to apply for lost title ...so the deal unwinded. They were middle manning the deal and because of the language barrier the trust dwindled as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom