Putting a hemi 6 or other 6 cylinder engine in a Fj73 cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone!
I’m new to this stuff so here we go!
I got a fj73 1988 SWB land cruiser and the 3f petrol in it is on its way out.
I’ve been looking at what’s the best and easiest way to get some power back into the old girl.
What’s some easy engine swaps or ideas people have got or have done?
I just recently seen a hemi 6 crate engine thought it might be cool.
Any thoughts?

No real power goals just somthing cool really? Because the 3f that’s in it struggles to sit on 110ks and really struggles to tow anything so was just looking at easy and affordable engine swaps or upgrades that aren’t a massive headache to do.

No real power goals just somthing cool really? Because the 3f that’s in it struggles to sit on 110ks and really struggles to tow anything so was just looking at easy and affordable engine swaps or upgrades that aren’t a massive headache to do.
It depends on you budget but no motor swap is going to be easy unless the motor comes from the same motor family. That's why i say a 1fz but I'm still not positive that the engine mounts are the same as the 3f. Also, not sure about a bellhousing that will take the 1fz and the h55f (presuming that is your transmission). I'd have to check it, but rather sure that the 3f and the 2h engine mounts are the same which means that you could go to a 12ht if you want the cool factor and a diesel.

On a side note, the 3f should hold 110km/h. Can't be running right.

EDIT: just realised your from nsw, when u said hemi i just presumed you were American

haven’t really got a budget just curious on some ideas and thoughts on some ideas or even performance upgrades for the 3f?
Yeah I’m new to this whole thing I should have put “Australia” mines got the 5 speed manual in it.
I’ve got endless projects already (including a ls3 into a GQ) but just looking at some ideas

As above, engine conversions are tricky, hemi would be great, they are simple, tough and make great power, but they are old now days, good engines are harder to get unless rebuilding. If staying away from electrics and injection, I would go a hemi.

A tricked up 265 could be fun! On a somewhat more bolt in note, why not a 12HT? Make sure she's in good shape then a Gturbo green wheel and an intercooler and that will move an SWB pretty well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom