Putting a 3UR iForce 5.7 in an 80 frame with 45 body (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UZJ40

OEM(ish)
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey there, I have a build thread going on my FJ45 I'm building. I was originally going to use the 1FZ, but I've since changed to a 3UR. I figure a lot of 80 series folks don't wander into the 40 section, but may be inquisitive on using a Toyota V8. I've tried to take many measurements and pictures along the way to help out others that may want to follow the same path.

Here are a couple pictures. The 5.7 fits nicely between the frame rails of an 80. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like other pics/measurements.

Here's a link to my thread for anyone curious. Thanks.

20211205_103541.jpg

20211204_124437.jpg

20211206_151232.jpg

Interesting it fits. I’m assuming using a Haltech or similar standalone would get around the complicated oem engine management and wiring. Looks like compushift makes a transmission controller for the AB60 tranny and wholesale automatic in Australia is working on releasing an adapter to bolt a HV2AV transfer case to it.
Would be the ultimate swap for a Toyota purist.

Last edited:
🤤 🤤 🤤

Very nice setup and cool looking rig. I have been toying with the idea of a 45 on and 80 frame and this just sparks that desire. Maybe once I finsih my 80 and the kids are out of the house I can make the toy dream a reality.

P.S.
I dig your custom front bumper/winch mount. Nice integration to the 80 frame.:cool:

I was thinking about it and now I'm pretty much sold...or a 1VD-FTE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom