Put 2016 LC 18x8 rims on 2010 LX (OEM was 20x8.5?) (2 Viewers)

I put 2016 LC wheels on my 2010 LX570. The LC wheels are 18x8 and I think 56 offset. The LC wheels were used to replace the OEM 20x8.5 with 60 offset.

My problem is that I can't get the new Lexus center caps to fit on the front wheels. There is about an 1/8 inch gap around the hub and center cap. I tried to shave off some plastic on the backing of the center cap and the gap is still present. What I am wondering nis can I install a hub centric spacer so I can install my center caps? If so, which ones and where to purchase? I'm new to all this wheel modification stuff. My naive view is a half-inch spacer would work, but then I don't know how that affects my lugs. Would I need to buy new , longer lugs?

CharlieS

GOLD Star
I thought there was a change in the metal dust cap that impacted the way the center caps for?

I recently put 2016 LC wheels on my 2010 LX570 and after doing some trimming to the back of the center caps they all fit perfect. My guess is that you just need to take a little more off.

I recently put 2016 LC wheels on my 2010 LX570 and after doing some trimming to the back of the center caps they all fit perfect. My guess is that you just need to take a little more off.
I trimmed off the two bumpy nubs in the center. Do you recall how large of a diameter at the center you trimmed back? Thanks for posting too.

I trimmed off the two bumpy nubs in the center. Do you recall how large of a diameter at the center you trimmed back? Thanks for posting too
Check out @pkniland ‘s post on this thread from last year. He put a closeup pic of how far he trimmed back the teeth on the outer edge of the center cap almost down to the metal ring. It’s actually the length of these teeth that engage the wheel, not the nub in the center. I trimmed all 4 of mine so that they wouldn’t give me any issues when rotated. It was quick and easy with a battery powered Dewalt oscillating saw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom