Purdy's Going Soft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought it from KYLonghunter on Mud. He had it and decided not to use it. Josh had to make some mods to it for it to fit...it was too wide. We thought maybe my tub was off, but I've run a hardtop and ambi doors on it with no issues...so I'm thinking the Bandi gate I got was not plug-and-play.
The Bandi tailgate would be for the later model ('79+) tub, the rear opening was wider ;) Local guy ran into this trying to retrofit half doors on his ....

Post up some pics of the progress!

Tucker

The Bandi tailgate would be for the later model ('79+) tub, the rear opening was wider ;) Local guy ran into this trying to retrofit half doors on his ....

Post up some pics of the progress!

Tucker

That solves it, then. I've been getting all of my pics from the Baertrax page on Facebook...nothing new, lately, but I expect to pick it up this week or next.

Then I need to install my bows and OCD canvas top...pics will be posted throughout the process.

New shifter instructions installed on pocket door

image-1620580461.jpg

She's a 77...makes her a 20th

image-3694396152.jpg

Bandi gate with hidden latches

image-3701747997.jpg

image-698081660.jpg

image-1383662718.jpg

New white-face Autometer gauges...bad pic

image-1195329808.jpg

New 99

image-1654005309.jpg

Gonna miss the 80

image-3042252717.jpg

image-3554232499.jpg

wngrog said:

Not yet...but a Dixie Cruisers member has dibs...

Last edited:
Bandi gate with hidden latches

I need one of those! Are they still in production? I guess I will Google it and see what comes up. Looks great anyway.

1911 said:
I need one of those! Are they still in production? I guess I will Google it and see what comes up. Looks great anyway.

I don't think so. They were produced in Brazil. This one came from TLC4X4 originally. It took some major modification to make it work on a 77. You might put an ad in the Parts Wanted section...I guarantee there is a Mudder or two with one of these stashed.

I don't think so. They were produced in Brazil. This one came from TLC4X4 originally. It took some major modification to make it work on a 77. You might put an ad in the Parts Wanted section...I guarantee there is a Mudder or two with one of these stashed.

OK, thanks.

Got settled in our new house in Georgia...had the 40 delivered in February.

Only problem... Fresh off the truck with no brakes!

Pedal goes to floor.
Fluid levels are good.
Traced lines from bay to all 4 wheels...no leaks.
Master?
Booster?

Anyone have a good booster for a 77 for sale?

image-1697899107.jpg

I have a booster from a 75 if that works for ya.

Joe

I've been wrong before so take this for what it's worth. The booster just makes it easier to apply the brakes. If it's not working, it'll make it harder to push the brakes. So it shouldn't go to the floor if the hydraulic part of the system is good.

Will the brakes work if you pump them? Do you still have rear drums? Make sure they are adjusted out to where they just start to drag. Or maybe it's been sitting long enough to get some water in the lines. I'd start bleeding brakes and make sure there's no air and get fresh fluid in there.

I've been wrong before so take this for what it's worth. The booster just makes it easier to apply the brakes. If it's not working, it'll make it harder to push the brakes. So it shouldn't go to the floor if the hydraulic part of the system is good.

Will the brakes work if you pump them? Do you still have rear drums? Make sure they are adjusted out to where they just start to drag. Or maybe it's been sitting long enough to get some water in the lines. I'd start bleeding brakes and make sure there's no air and get fresh fluid in there.

Thanks, Jason. If I pump them vigorously, they will get enough life to stop the truck...once. Then, when I let off and re-apply pressure, the pedal goes straight back to the floor.

The rear are converted to discs...Don did that when he built the truck.

I'll bleed them to see if that helps. All of my searches on here point to either the master cylinder or the booster. I found one thread that said a symptom of a dying booster is when the engine continuosely cuts-out at idle. that's exactly what the 40 was doing the last time I drove her (to Baertrax) in Texas.

I attributed to the carb, which I was having rebuilt anyways.

Last edited:
Mini truck booster... I think Chris (wct49) went that route on his. Works great.

Is the mini truck booster plug and play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom