Purchasing on MUD using paypal as a gift, BUYER BEWARE! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Date: Friday, June 8, 2012 12:58 AM

To: mickeytryan1@cox.net

Subject: Re: Reply on Dual Battery System delivery & payment

Size: 12 KB
I was there the day this was said to be delivered. If it went to my address.
My mail man is great about giving me our packages to the counter.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM, <mickeytryan1@cox.net> wrote:
Anyone in your complex that may have picked it up?
> Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:26:30 -0500
> Subject: RE: Dual Battery System delivery & payment
> From: john libak <nlibak56@hotmail.com>
> To: <mickeytryan1@cox.net>
>
> The people at the counter told me they can't do that type of search unless its express mail or overnight. They suggested check the post office on that end and see if its sitting at the station for some reason. But it won't be there because I checked it and it showed delivered a week after I shipped. Nothing else I can do for you. Sorry
>
> -----Original Message-----
>
> From: mickeytryan1@cox.net
> Sent: 7 Jun 2012 18:03:40 GMT
> To: john libak
> Cc: gary@mudrak.com,mudrak1@gmail.com
> Subject: RE: Dual Battery System delivery & payment
>
> MUDRAK Custom Cruisers
>
> Gary Kardum
> 707-292-3509 Primary
> 707-260-2571
> 22690 Broadway Suite #2
> Sonoma, CA 95476
>
>
>
> ---- john libak <nlibak56@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Send me the zip code or address of the shipment destination. I will see if they can track the transaction based on zip from that station. That may be a possibility. I did check the delivery confirmation on line and it said it was delivered. Assuming you sent correct address that will be the end of the trail oI imagine. I paid cash for postage so I can narrow it down with a card transaction.
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> >
> > From: mickeytryan1@cox.net
> > Sent: 7 Jun 2012 17:41:41 GMT
> > To: nlibak56@hotmail.com,mudrak1@gmail.com
> > Subject: RE: Dual Battery System delivery & payment
> >
> > John, take a step back and ask yourself the following question. What is it I can do to address this situation other than reply to an email thread. Isn't it feesible you could inquire with USPS where you shipped from, provide them with your information and they look up your info to shed some light on this? Gary was away but he also has a staff of folks that work for him at the shop. Please see if you can ask the folks where you shipped from for further info on it's where abouts.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > ---- john libak <nlibak56@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > I shipped the item the day of or day after you sent payment. Usps delivery confirmation. I checked the number a week later and it showed delivered. I misplaced the delivery confirmation receipt. Since it was delivered and I had not heard otherwise for weeks, I assumed all was good. I deleted the email with the address. It was somewhere in northern Cali. I just printed the email, cut out the address and attached it to the box along with my return address. You said he was out of town at moab. My fear is the mail delivery was left on doorstep and it was picked up by someone. Without the delivery confirmation number you don't believe me but I assure you I shipped the item promptly and as described. I have no interest in screwing anyone out of money. I have replied to every E-mail and given you all the info I have on my end.
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > >
> > > From: mickeytryan1@cox.net
> > > Sent: 7 Jun 2012 10:41:45 GMT
> > > To: nlibak56@hotmail.com
> > > Subject: Dual Battery System delivery & payment
> > >
> > > Nick, I need you to research the address you mailed this to and get back to me today. My cell is 401-439-1894 if I don't hear back from you I will contact paypal to re-imburse me for payment of $325.00 that I did not receive my product for. You have shown ZERO interest in attempting to fix this. You never sent me a tracking # or any info on shipment so please get on this today.
> > >
> > > Mike
> >

Sorry to hear, Buyer Beware of anybody who can't spell 'dual'

AFAIK "Gift" = no fees for either party... at least that is my experience.

And yes... you loose any protection PP might otherwise offer. Plus they do not send the seller the buyer's shipping info.

or anybody that can't spell "lose"! :flipoff2:

The way a gift works on PayPal is that if the sender has no funds in his PayPal account, then the sender is charged the fees (basically the credit card fees). If the sender has funds in their account then their are no fees to the sender. And, yes, you do forfeit all protections by sending as a gift.

OK that makes sense as I have gifted funds and received a charge. I just thought, well what I thought.

I have been using the gift thing a lot lately. My question is has anyone successful received their money back when a dispute was filed with Paypal? I know several that have filed disputes and never got a cent back or resolution, thus I don't see the point in their "buyer protection". Just curious more than anything. Also it's news to me that the sender of the money gets charged, I will keep that in mind.

He still hasn't sent a tracking number? He must have one saved somewhere.

Not exactly, USPS only tracks air packages. Ground packages are only tracked as an add on service, which the sender claims to have purchased. However, the tracking number is on a paper receipt, so, easily lost. In my experience, tracking a parcel post package is about as effective as a message in a bottle.

I have been using the gift thing a lot lately. My question is has anyone successful received their money back when a dispute was filed with Paypal? I know several that have filed disputes and never got a cent back or resolution, thus I don't see the point in their "buyer protection". Just curious more than anything. Also it's news to me that the sender of the money gets charged, I will keep that in mind.

I have filed 2 suites against Ebay purchases and won both and got my money back.

I have filed 2 suites against Ebay purchases and won both and got my money back.

Ebay via paypal: you have some protection

Paypal alone: less protection

Paypal "gift" or vehicle purchase: no protection (caveat emptor)

kbahus said:
My question is has anyone successful received their money back when a dispute was filed with Paypal?

I have. This spring I ordered some shoes online and was sent a kitchen sponge. PayPal refunded my money and went after the scammer.

Sent from the distant past using a clay tablet

If and i say IF you had a delivery confirmation number you could track it. Only at the delivery point though. It will show up as delivered , then all you have to do is go into the PO and ask them to see which scanner was used to show it delivered and then ask them to talk to the carrier that was assigned that scanner that day and find out where they left it.

All the scanner info is in their computer to show which scanner was used and who used it that day.

Do not let the PO tell you different. ( PO being Post Office here)

And AFAIK this works for all delivery companies.

Well I won't be using the gift option any more! If needed I'll add the fee in the cost. I didn't know you loose PayPal protection with this option!

-Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

Why is anyone scratching their head wondering why your not covered when your sending $$ as a gift? Your not recieving any goods? Essentially you (I) are cheating paypal out of the $ they deserve for providing the service as a convenience for us. It's not that hard to grasp why they would not or should not cover a $GIFT.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not scratching my head... I just never thought about it. Just thought ok cool I'll cover the fees for ya. ;) I've also NEVER done the gift option anywhere but here on MUD. Now I know to think. :D

-Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

I have used paypal very recently, paid as a gift. It charged me the 3% paypal fees... Didn't realize the normal paypal protection wasn't in place. Good to know.

I have used paypal very recently, paid as a gift. It charged me the 3% paypal fees... Didn't realize the normal paypal protection wasn't in place. Good to know.

ANY time you use paypal to transfer money from your credit card you'll get charged a fee. Gift/Service/Goods/whatever.

If you're moving money from a bank, or money that was already in your PP account then its free if you send it as a gift. If you send it as a "payment" then the seller gets charged.

I too didn't know that gifting eliminated your protections, eek!

Any cams on your business property or neighborhood that might have picked up the delivery guy that day?

If I were a suspicious man and I thought there was any way at all the delivery guy could know it was an item gifted, then I'd see him as the sly character. He'd know there would be useless tracking info and no protection. Easy prey.:-(

No chance it's sitting at a shop next door or across the street is there. Driver in need of a caffeine bolus transposed a number or 2?

Good luck!

FWIW, I trust both parties here ... Sounds more like human error during delivery.

TY

Why is anyone scratching their head wondering why your not covered when your sending $$ as a gift? Your not recieving any goods? Essentially you (I) are cheating paypal out of the $ they deserve for providing the service as a convenience for us. It's not that hard to grasp why they would not or should not cover a $GIFT.

+1. From the first post i read i thought somebody is cheating the system and then somehow posts how badly it ended for them. Wow. Another forum i visit for a hobby has this topic as a sticky for the unaware, basically if paypal figures this out they will terminate your account , they still may as they do audit a fair amount of these "illegal" transactions i'm assuming trying to keep the honest honest.

T Y L E R said:
FWIW, I trust both parties here ... Sounds more like human error during delivery.

I agree. After reading the post with the quoted emails, it doesn't look like any funny business on the part of the seller or the buyer. It also looks like this needs to be investigated further on the delivery side.

Sent from the distant past using a clay tablet

kbahus said:
I have been using the gift thing a lot lately. My question is has anyone successful received their money back when a dispute was filed with Paypal?

I filed a dispute with a seller on April 20th and finally got my $395 back on May 20th. The seller even wrote on their invoice to me, "as-is, no refunds or returns." For future reference, that doesn't really matter to PayPal. I gave the seller several opportunities to give me the money back after they lied about the condition of the parts and even the part number I was expecting. I finally involved PayPal to help out. It was a long and frustrating process but It was pretty satisfying when the rep with PayPal told me he's taking the money back out of their bank account and transferring it to mine. They'll ask for evidence so I submitted a lot of pictures of the items with a written description of what's wrong with them, screen shots of text messages where the seller was telling me what was included and the condition, etc. Once they ruled in my favor I sent the items back via UPS with a signature required (so they wouldn't try to screw me again) and as soon as PayPal showed it delivered they credited me back the funds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom