Purchasing First Land Cruiser - 100 Series Undercarriage Rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
LC undercarriage1 (2).jpg
Looking to purchase my first Land Cruiser. I have found a 2006 with 107k out of state and the seller provided the above photo. This rest of the vehicle is extremely clean and the carfax is impressive. I am just unsure about this amount of rust? This is not something we are used to in Texas.

Our resident Land Cruiser restoration guy is telling me this will take over 40 hours sandblasting, repainting and drilling out bolts. He does great work but is very OCD. Interested in outside options from those with more experience than me.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Doesn't look bad to me; where has the truck been located?

Doesn't look too bad to me. Slightly more than my '04 has, which has been in CO all it's life. If you were going to do a full resto on the frame and axles, that's probably right, but I'd just drive it and sand/paint things as I worked on it.

That is pristine.

cries in Minnesotan

That is nothing for a northern-state truck.

*EDIT* That being said, I would ask for pictures of the rear A/C lines and AHC lines/components. Leaking A/C lines (right near the passenger frame rail) cost me a pretty penny when I bought mine in Minnesota a couple months back.

Spent its whole life in Iowa.

Would have never guessed it was a midwestern truck. Like I said, looks pretty clean to me. I suspect you'd get bored with the vehicle before rust becomes an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom