Purchasing an FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, i am lookingint o buying my first FJ40. The specific vehicle i'm looking at is a bucket of rust, but it has a newely rebuild 350 in it. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea if it is worth all of the body work to get thjis thing looking nice. i beliive i can lift this from the guy for about $500.

i know thath this post is useless w/o pics, but i am meeting with the guy tommorrow so i'll try to get some pics for y'all. Despite having bad rust, is it worth it to buy it for this price.

i think as long as the frame is solid and it is drivable $500.00 is a good deal (or steal). if the frame has cancer stay away. just my opinion.

oh and welcome to the forum

If the body is bad enough you'll have the perfect excuse to do some extensive trimming and build a "Cruggy". SOA, 38s, fullcage, etc... ;)

I was going to say stay away until you said $500.00, but for that you cant pass it up. I say get it.

Depends on how much you want to spend? If you have the time and money to put the work into restoring it to meet your standard, then get it. But if you would rather spend more money on something that is in better condition, wait. I paid 1700 (CAN) for my cruiser, the body was in mint condition, it had been hand painted and there was some suface rust, i think i got a good deal - so depending on how bad the rust is, 500 is amazing!

Cost of restoring totally depends on what you do. I'm doing all the work myself and it has cost me under $500 (CAN) dollars to get the paint off (went through 8 wire wheels, and two angle grinders), buy the new paint, and all the other stuff (POR) ECT. So yeah, all up to you man - if you get it professionally done it'll cost you tripple.

Good luck!

any 40,any year,complete is worth 500 bones in parts.not even a question to ask,good for you on your new 40.

I second Magoo, if it drives and is whole, I would jump on it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom