For Sale Purchase Help - 1999 Forest Green Land Cruiser 135K Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Hey Guys,

I found this LC at a local dealership. Someone had traded it in for another vehicle last week. I jumped on it and should have first dibs, but I'm not sure what I should pay for it. The dealership told me that another guy called in yesterday and made an offer of $16K (but I'm not sure if that's just dealership salesmen tactics).

I have not seen any pictures of the undercarriage. I know that the front seat has a seat cover on it, but I don't know how badly the leader is cracked.

CARFAX is clean with good service history, but the last 30K miles don't have much in the way of service history (other than emissions inspections). But, I'm unsure if this is because the owner was handling services on their own? I'm assuming that the timing belt / water pump has not been replaced yet.

Any guidance you guys can give would be helpful. I want to buy this truck (I've been looking for an older, green LC without the Nav and low miles for a while), so I'd like to have a "highest" number in my head when I go see the thing on Friday.

IMG_1724.JPEG

IMG_3393.JPG

IMG_1726.JPEG

IMG_1725.JPEG

IMG_0417.JPEG

Lord no, I told them 12k tops.

I'd wager they come out higher than 16k as the guy I spoke to said "lots of calls about this"

Yeah, they keep playing it up to me too. Let me know when you get the undercarriage pics, would love to see them if you'd be able to share. The guy I've been talking to said he couldn't get the pictures because the truck is currently being worked on.

Looks clean and with that mileage I would drive there and crawl under the truck personally. Dont wait for frame photos. If its clean in person then I would make an offer in person. If its rusty then I would walk. Low mileage wont help you when you're snapping bolt head off left and right under there.

I wouldnt worry about the last 30k of mystery records. Most likely oil changes. Even if you have to pay for timing belt and wp, you'd still have a very low mileage 100.

Hey, if you are in Atlanta, this just popped up on FB Marketplace. Might be a good option for you. 2004 similar miles same color private sell.

$16k might not be too far off.

Has it been identified as having the rear locker?

Check for exhaust leaks

coil packs all firing well? (Not cutting out anywhere in the rpm range) to a certain degree
these are either working or not (binary) and it should be obvious if it's running on fewer than all 8
cylinders.

Rust underneath or on the bottom of the back hatch? (inner)

It's low milage, so if it has the locker and has no other issues...these things
are making stupid money right now.

I’m driving right by there tomorrow. I’ll stop in and snag some pics. If I don’t buy it for myself. 😜.

This truck wouldn't sell for more than $10k a year ago. $16k is stupid.

@liftinghvy what do you mean? Just that the market has increased the premium for this type of truck over the past year?

@Stovie Yeah, I believe it's still in "reconditioning." I don't have much more info, but I know the carpet needed to be replaced. I have a feeling that the previous owner didn't really take care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom