Purchase 100 series LC or keep current vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I have been considering buying a 100 series LC for awhile now but wanted to get your thoughts based on experience you have had taking the vehicle on road trips.

I have a large family that would use all rows of seating and was wondering how it was on long road trips with bags? I have a minivan currently and though it has been good space wise, I cant shake the feeling of driving a LC instead. Thoughts?

Should I just run the minivan until it dies and then make the leap or sell it and buy a LC? Thanks for your input.

That last row sits really close to the floor, so no one back there is going to be happy, let alone for any length of time. We've managed by putting the shortest person back there for sub 30 minute drives. Plus with the third row in use, there's little room behind it for road trips.

4 is the most I'd take on anything over a couple of hours.

I rented a Dodge Caravan for a week on my last vacation. It sucked but space wise it was awesome for all the stuff we had and it had lots of room for everyone's luggage in the trunk. My 100 I can fit like 2 luggage and have some room left for other things behind the 3rd row.

I don't think you can beat a mini van for space. Because of how they're built you have the full depth of access and they take advantage of it all. Landcruisers just aren't built for this by design. What may play more of an important factor is where you plan on heading. One of the reasons I got my cruiser was knowing I'll be venturing off the pavement and need something reliable, and capable.

I've seen a Sienna XLE AWD with a mild lift and A/T tires at the shop I go to. Looks bad-ass and could get you a lot of places.

Hey everyone, I have been considering buying a 100 series LC for awhile now but wanted to get your thoughts based on experience you have had taking the vehicle on road trips.

I have a large family that would use all rows of seating and was wondering how it was on long road trips with bags? I have a minivan currently and though it has been good space wise, I cant shake the feeling of driving a LC instead. Thoughts?

Should I just run the minivan until it dies and then make the leap or sell it and buy a LC? Thanks for your input.

We just finished a 3,600 road trip with atleast 2 adults and two kids. For half the trip we had a 3rd adult. We didnt use the rear seats as the cargo area was packed with a dog kennel, ice chest, and bags to the roof. No one complained about comfort. The 3rd row in the 100s and GXs are for a short trips.

I love my LX, but if I had to put my kids in the 3rd row on a regular basis, I'd buy a Suburban. With an LX, there's is not enough metal between them and the front bumper of a following vehicle for my comfort level.

If all you need it to do is comfortably transport a large family, it's going to be horribly inefficient and uncomfortable.

If you're trying to ditch the minivan life, there are other options. Sequoia, suburban etc.

583E3DC5-C779-434B-BDAC-81F1FF904420.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your input. Based on your comments, it definitely makes sense for me to keep the minivan. But I will budget to get the LC as another vehicle and use it around town.

Sorry if this seemed like a minivan vs LC comparison - I was not going for that. Just wanted to see if I can replace the van for the LC since I do a few road trips a year. Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom